Don’t worry too much about scouting or where others have found deer buy focus more on preparing a comfortable camp site. Good food, warm bed and dry camp will make your experience much better and will enhance your ability to find deer. Use your optics, be able to shoot at distance and carry a well equipped pack. You will be as or more prepared than anyone (no disrespect) you are asking here for advice. 

Tough hunt. There's a reason it only takes 3-4 points to draw, and has a low success rate. It used to be an awesome deer unit. But with 1000+ deer tags, they put a real hurting on the unit. I'm convinced AZGFD is determined to kill every deer and elk out of 7. Horrible management of unit 7 (7e more than west). With that said, you can find some toads in 7. One of the top 10 bucks I've ever seen in AZ, was in 7. I've seen them up high in the peaks, and down where the trees run out into the grass flats. Hunt hard, and be ready to shoot if the opportunity presents itself. Don't get discouraged, and stick with it. It might be a day or two between buck sightings. Good luck on your hunt. 

Wear hunter orange with 1000+ tags. Lots of road hunting. Get away from the roads and you should do fine. 

scout early, scout often, find water and a vantage point to glass from, always best to have multiple spots to hit if someone beats you to plan A

Get binos and glass. Best advice I was given on this site. Glass and glass you’ll find deer. I’ve seen some good quality bucks in 7

Don't let the nay sayers get you down. 7, or I should say 7 east, because I have no experience in 7w, is a great unit for both deer and elk. 1000 tags, yes, but split between 2 huge units. A majority of hunters will hunt within less than a mile of a road and most of them will be in higher deer density areas. There are a lot of places you can go and probably see only 1 or 2 other hunter your whole hunt. 7e is a great glassing unit so use that to your benefit. Tons of knobs, hills and vantage points to get up on and cover a lot of ground. Whatever binos you have, put them on a tripod and spend a lot of time behind them. I find it funny how 7e gets such a bad wrap, even amongst the primo guides. It's not that big bulls and bucks arnt there, it's just a tougher unit to hunt. 

These sheds on a fake skull are from 2 years ago. This buck is still alive and should be an absolute giant this year. The trail cam pic is from Dec. So another buck walking around right now in 7. 

IMG956794.jpg

20191109_142359.jpg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, PowellSixO said:

Tough hunt. There's a reason it only takes 3-4 points to draw, and has a low success rate. It used to be an awesome deer unit. But with 1000+ deer tags, they put a real hurting on the unit. I'm convinced AZGFD is determined to kill every deer and elk out of 7. Horrible management of unit 7 (7e more than west). With that said, you can find some toads in 7. One of the top 10 bucks I've ever seen in AZ, was in 7. I've seen them up high in the peaks, and down where the trees run out into the grass flats. Hunt hard, and be ready to shoot if the opportunity presents itself. Don't get discouraged, and stick with it. It might be a day or two between buck sightings. Good luck on your hunt. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mulie hunter said:

Archery 2018.  7 east

20200709_000416.jpg

I suddenly want to hunt 7 otc this year. Lol. Or next year. I’m tryna get a coues this year

• Like 1