Sign in to follow this  
lefty

howa rifle ?

does anyone have any experience with the Howa brand of rifles? i won one at the elk banquent and was wondering if it's any good, i heard that Howa makes the actions for weatherby so i think it might be good but just curious if anyone knows, thanks.

That is correct. Howa makes tha Vanguard action. They are pretty decent rifles for being on the lower end of the price range, and being made in Japan. Good solid actions, known for exceptional accuracy out of the box...

uhhhh.... I mean they are terrible. I will give you $150 and take the gun off of your hands regardless of caliber :D

I have a howa 1500 in 223 with a bull barrel. Very accurate rifle. I had some issues with spent cases sticking in the bore. I had the bore polished which fixed it right up. It's a nice gun.

I won one at the N.R.A. Banquet, it is a .308 and it will shoot 3/4" groups with Federal match 165. So far I like the gun! I just need to take some time and find a good hunting load for it, I'm thinking maybe 165gr. Ballistic tip or a Partion bullet!

I have a howa 1500 in 223 with a bull barrel. Very accurate rifle. I had some issues with spent cases sticking in the bore. I had the bore polished which fixed it right up. It's a nice gun.

SECOND THAT, my bro has the same gun and it can flat shoot. No issues with the cases sticking on his though.

i like what i'm hearing, i was afraid i was gonna have to sell it, but i think i'll go ahead and keep it. it's a 243, stainless with the syn. green stock. the stock feels kinda rubbery is that how yours is too?

Mine isn't rubbery but composite with a palm swell and it's camoflage.