Nickflag

Delete

Yes.  Couldn’t hunt without it.  I’ve heard basecamp or basemaps or something like that is just as good and cheaper but haven’t really looked into it or tried it.  Maybe someone will chime in about it. 

Love it.  Helped on a private land tag last year confirming a buck was about 30 yards on legal property.  He had been hanging out just out of legal range until he made one fatal mistake on day 3.

The year before too.

20200709_155405.thumb.jpg.981b22f7a8ea22fb10f77c2a7c97a45b.jpg20200709_155419.thumb.jpg.047409dae113a59ed0336107d0b91a13.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lancetkenyon said:

Love it.  Helped on a private land tag last year confirming a buck was about 30 yards on legal property.  He had been hanging out just out of legal range until he made one fatal mistake on day 3.

The year before too.

20200709_155405.thumb.jpg.981b22f7a8ea22fb10f77c2a7c97a45b.jpg20200709_155419.thumb.jpg.047409dae113a59ed0336107d0b91a13.jpg

How bout some pics of this buck!!  I dunno why but I have a fetish for killing stuff on the edge of places I can hunt.  It scares a lot of people away to hunt small public tracts, edges of NF, checkerboard etc.  I like the extra work it takes in the preseason and love the satisfaction I get from it!!  I rattled an eastern whitetail in from 1000 yards out on a refuge here in ND.  The second he hopped the boundary fence I planted him in his tracks.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, yotebuster said:

Yes.  Couldn’t hunt without it.  

expand on this for me because i cant imagine needing it. for arizona hunting i mean. if youre saying you cant hunt without it because you travel to hunt then nevermind

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

other than pointing out private land, what is it good for? serious question. 

Private land if your close to it like you said. Otherwise I use it for new units, no buying a paper map. Tracks steps, and I can see who owns land next to me. It’s the modern age map for a guy who hates the modern age.

8 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

expand on this for me because i cant imagine needing it. for arizona hunting i mean. if youre saying you cant hunt without it because you travel to hunt then nevermind

I would say AZ is the least necessary place, but still very necessary.  I killed a couple antelope in 19a and that checkboard mess, wouldn’t have wanted to do that hunt without it.  I also killed some pigs in 21 that were real close to private that I had to skirt around.  Came in handy there.  In NM it’s an absolute must have.  Those ranchers will just shoot you if they catch you on their ground.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

other than pointing out private land, what is it good for? serious question. 

It shows where the animals are.  😷

15 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Its handy to have on your phone for almost any hunt. We use it a lot to send locations back and forth. I get on the computer and mark areas I want to look at then they pop up on my map out in the field. Its also cheaper than a gps.

• Like 1

Differentiate between private, NF, STL, BLM, NP, tribal lands, unit boundaries.

Map water sources, rubs, wallows, trails, various game, glassing spots, shooting spots, sheds, etc.  

• Like 3