Sign in to follow this  
biglakejake

Saltwater 2020

and we be fishin'.........the very next ......tuna taco tuesday.  heck yea!  Mikey Wallace-Triple Wall Productions-uploaded this 2019 bluefin blowout just today.  I don't think anybody in my experience has made videos as good as TripleWall.  yea just a little loud.

hardcore zonie crew fishing for Trophy Yellow Tail Tuna.  didn't declan used to be on cwt?

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

11 hours ago, biglakejake said:

they are yours now, just about nobody will wind your line.  if they have a winder it is a moneymaker with the almost free line they buy.

don't worry about initial dry wind.  just drop the spool in a 5 gallon bucket of water and wind on finger tight.  yea you can take a break to get the feeling back in your fingers.  just make sure line rolls off and doesn't spin off the end of the spool. 

once on the boat and heading out past the bait receivers you will see the guys on the stern feeding their line out about 4 hundred yard and doing a careful layer wind back in.  lots of tension at first for solid base and then decreasing tension as you get to working line length...go tie your leader and you are ready for morning battle.  this is for 40+ line don't even worry about the 20, 25, 30#.

lee

I would take it to Phoenix Fishing Supply.  The guys there will put the line on for you with the right tension.  They will also tie on a mono top shot for you if you wish.  They are very reasonable on their prices.  Also, they have a great supply of lures (flat falls, colt snipers, poppers) floro leader, hooks etc.  One of the last old school fishing shops still around!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mesajeeper said:

I would take it to Phoenix Fishing Supply.  The guys there will put the line on for you with the right tension.  They will also tie on a mono top shot for you if you wish.  They are very reasonable on their prices.  Also, they have a great supply of lures (flat falls, colt snipers, poppers) floro leader, hooks etc.  One of the last old school fishing shops still around!

All true, but probably not worth a 200 mile drive.. lol

12 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Not to mention I already bought 2 big rolls

They will gladly point out several hundred dollars of gear that you don't yet have.. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i put a 40lb dumbbell on the spool and i reel it on. im not sure if ever get it on tight enough. i had the line put on at phoenix fishing  last time, but when you let out a lot of line and reel it back in, isnt it just on there fairly loose again? it makes a difference to have the base really tight so your braid doesnt dig, but i noticed those groupers were still pulling the braid into the reel.

20 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Not to mention I already bought 2 big rolls

if youre starting with braid, might want to put a strip of tape around the spool or some mono for the braid to bite into 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mesajeeper said:

just a thought.  i wound miles n miles of ande commercially in tempe in the '80's.  payed for wound line the next 10 years.  winders will make it look pretty but not one shop will burn out a winder motor putting tension on-they get very hot just filling a 50w.  all those guys winding trailed line off the stern had their reels wound at a shop.

lee

2 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

if youre starting with braid, might want to put a strip of tape around the spool or some mono for the braid to bite into 

I've made that mistake before

16 hours ago, biglakejake said:

and we be fishin'.........the very next ......tuna taco tuesday.  heck yea!  Mikey Wallace-Triple Wall Productions-uploaded this 2019 bluefin blowout just today.  I don't think anybody in my experience has made videos as good as TripleWall.  yea just a little loud.

hardcore zonie crew fishing for Trophy Yellow Tail Tuna.  didn't declan used to be on cwt?

I could feel me turning green just watching the videos. 🤢

My schmolt pipers just came from amazon

Looks like exactly the same body shape and angles on the real one. 

20200724_162209.thumb.jpg.6db93d6708645ddb9eb896f7f8854e57.jpg

6 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

My schmolt pipers just came from amazon

Looks like exactly the same body shape and angles on the real one. 

20200724_162209.thumb.jpg.6db93d6708645ddb9eb896f7f8854e57.jpg

For a guy that hates knots, you sure have a ton of sheit to tie on! You'll get good at tying in no time..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1