northAZarcher

Unit 33 question

2 hours ago, northAZarcher said:

She has the early hunt.  We wanted first crack at the deer.  Just have to deal with the heat!

The heat might not be to bad by then. We were in the low 40s overnight on that hunt with my daughter last year. Don't think it ever hit much over 80, if that.

8 hours ago, rossislider said:

The heat might not be to bad by then. We were in the low 40s overnight on that hunt with my daughter last year. Don't think it ever hit much over 80, if that.

That would be ideal if that's the case for us northerners!

10 hours ago, northAZarcher said:

That would be ideal if that's the case for us northerners!

Exactly.  Sean lives in the valley, so 80s in early October is "cool".  We were in the mid-80s last year on Jacob's deer hunt in 35A and it was freaking roasting, especially for us northerners.

Sounds like all roads in the burn area are closed until Nov 1. Anyone have more details? Can't seem to find clear info... is it the entire burn scar closed until Nov. 1?

1 hour ago, bigbuckclub said:

Sounds like all roads in the burn area are closed until Nov 1. Anyone have more details? Can't seem to find clear info... is it the entire burn scar closed until Nov. 1?

I read the roads to mnt. lemon and redington are closed til nov. 1st. So that’s basically the whole unit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbuckclub said:

I've been trying to figure this out too. Early October tag and need access now. This is bs.

9 minutes ago, 25-06 said:

I've been trying to figure this out too. Early October tag and need access now. This is bs.

I heard if you rent a cabin in summer haven you can go up the road .. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jacob...soaz said:

I heard if you rent a cabin in summer haven you can go up the road .. 

I ain't renting sh!t. I've got a valid tag and going hunting. I just hope it doesn't end up in court.

2 minutes ago, 25-06 said:

I ain't renting sh!t. I've got a valid tag and going hunting. I just hope it doesn't end up in court.

Yeah, I’m not sure how that’ll play out. If there was a back road in I’d take it, but there’s really not? If it’s for sure closed during your hunt and no way around it, then you could always go hunt where we camped last. I’ll help you scout!

• Like 1

Mt Lemon Road, Oracle Control Road, Charlou Gap Road and Reddington Road all closed until Thanksgiving.  great year for point guard!

Rincons will still be open for the 2,800 tag holders... 

• Wow! 1

11 hours ago, AZLance said:

Mt Lemon Road, Oracle Control Road, Charlou Gap Road and Reddington Road all closed until Thanksgiving.  great year for point guard!

Article I saw today reads like the highway might be open, but the forest will be closed so that doesn’t help much unless you just want to drive up to Summerhaven. Yeah the Rincons might get hit hard this year. LoL

The Forest Supervisor is a left wing who wants to close all forests to save money.  Also since there so many stupid people in Tucson they have to error to the side of the stupidest.  I call it the sheep theory.  I would hope that hunters are smart enough to not stand under a dead tree that is about to fall but there are many people in Tucson that would.  The leftists have to protect their base at least until November.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ThomC said:

The Forest Supervisor is a left wing who wants to close all forests to save money.  Also since there so many stupid people in Tucson they have to error to the side of the stupidest.  I call it the sheep theory.  I would hope that hunters are smart enough to not stand under a dead tree that is about to fall but there are many people in Tucson that would.  The leftists have to protect their base at least until November.  

You can go fxck yourself Thom.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ThomC said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47f5ab52d0db3c6cffc3

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AZLance said:

Thanksgiving? Not Nov. 1?

• Like 1