Sign in to follow this  
Zackary11keeme

Odd Behavior?

Saw this raghorn in unit 1 yesterday while out walking with my wife and kids. Watched him for a few minutes before realizing he just didn’t seem right. Expected him to bolt with the kids being loud and the 2 year old screaming but he didn’t care at all. He seemed super confused, unsteady at times and did this spin for minutes at a time. I walked to about 30 yards from him in the open and there was no fear in him. He then laid down where is in the video (less than 100 yds from our camp) a little before 4 and got up right before 7. First thing I thought was CWD but wanted to see what you guys think?

D736B2D0-0E14-4FAE-B141-C3D7EE43BA2B.jpeg

I cant see the video very well but did he have 3 legs? I remember I saw a duck who swam circles constantly he only had one leg.  ;)

Looks like he was getting ready to lay down. Maybe an ear worm..

• Like 1

He looks injured at the rump 

• Like 1

Blind?  I know someone found a blind bull a couple years ago and called in G&F to put it down.

• Like 1

first guess shot or car-hit in the hindquarters, maybe back leg broke.  i have seen similar behavior in shot and dying elk many times.

lee

• Like 1

I would call the game warden.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, biglakejake said:

first guess shot or car-hit in the hindquarters, maybe back leg broke.  i have seen similar behavior in shot and dying elk many times.

lee

I thought he may have been injured as well but I didn’t see anything visible or him favoring one side over the other.

4 hours ago, lancetkenyon said:

Blind?  I know someone found a blind bull a couple years ago and called in G&F to put it down.

Definitely could’ve been.. he seemed to be looking our direction but most of the time didn’t pay attention to us