Sign in to follow this  
GRONG

Found a neat one today

Here's a neat shed I found today. I call it an elbowed beam, for some reason I can't really explain, or as some people call them.... bitch heads. Don't ask me to explain that one either cause I don't know the answer to it.

Josh

post-3-1101789698.jpg

Josh,

If you don't know, who in the world will??

Mike

I am not sure what you call them, but much like Howard Stern and Barnum and Bailey, I am a sucker for freaks and think I might have smoked him if I saw him alive and on the hoof. Neat find!

Bret M.

Bret you are way too funny! I would have shot him too. Aside from a B&C typical or non-typ buck my next goal is to shoot a buck, no matter how big, that has this type of antler configuration. I did see a buck last year that had this on both sides of his head actually but he was a year and a half old and I couldn't bring myself to do it. I guess that my "no matter how big" statement is BS isn't it? Here's a pic of him, they're grainy so back up from the screen. It's a lot better watching the actual footage believe me. Since they're too big to all be on this page I'll post the others after this one.

Josh

post-3-1101871615.jpg

post-3-1101871643.jpg

Here's the next one. His left antler came down about 2.5-3" I'd say, then kinda hooked and went up about 3" . The right antler was about double of what the left was in height. The spike is about 8" on the right side. If he hasn't been processed by a lion yet I hope to see him again this winter within archery range of course.

post-3-1101871839.jpg

111, thanks man but it's not the same buck. The buck in the pics is from last year and the shed is from a different area and probably laid there for 4-5 yrs. I'm really hoping I can find that buck from last year, he should be pretty neat if he's still around.

See you man,

Josh

Josh,

Looks like that coues' momma was bred by a certain bull in unit 8 :blink: .

Speaking of elk, how did your hunt turn out? Ours was tough in 9, with a couple bulls passed and none taken. Fortunately, I never got stuck in the mud, but my friend did and went out to find him at 10 pm when we realized his tardiness could not be due getting an elk.

Doug/RR