Sign in to follow this  
Ed67

New to Offer Up

I’ve had really good luck with offerup. Both selling and buying. Use it quite often as a matter of fact. 

They kept pulling my ad for Rocky camo boots.

Within the ad I listed them as hunting boots. 

I would contact they and explain that they were boots and they would put the ad back up. 

After the third time I gave up.

Apparently hunting and self protection is a bad thing and anything associated with it is considered to be a dangerous item.

Here is their no no list pertaining to any type of weapon or accessory:

Dangerous items: Items that pose health and safety concerns or that are regulated or illegal are not allowed on OfferUp. These include but are not limited to:

• Firearms, no exceptions
  • Knives primarily used as weapons or for self-defense. Note: Cutlery, kitchen, and utility knives are generally permitted
  • Mace, pepper spray, bear spray, tasers, and other weapons used to subdue humans or animals
  • Paintball guns, BB guns, guns that fire blanks, Airsoft Guns, and all related ammunition and accessories
  • Sporting weapons such as bows and arrows, crossbows, and archery items
  • Swords, if sharpened or functional. Note: Decorative blunt swords are generally permitted
  • Weapon parts and accessories, including any item that attaches to a firearm, ammunition, bullets, clips, arrows, and bolts
  • Body armor, including Kevlar and other tactical and protective vests, except protective clothing for sporting activities
  • Regulated chemicals, poisons, or substances
  • New or used airbags sold separately from a vehicle
  • Hazardous materials such as:
    • Fireworks
    • Explosives
  • Items deemed to pose significant health or safety risks to others
  • Recalled items (see below)

Welcome to the 21st century boys...

1 minute ago, TR0UBLE SH00TER said:

Apparently hunting and self protection is a bad thing and anything associated with it is considered to be a dangerous item.

Here is their no no list pertaining to any type of weapon or accessory:

Dangerous items: Items that pose health and safety concerns or that are regulated or illegal are not allowed on OfferUp. These include but are not limited to:

• Firearms, no exceptions
  • Knives primarily used as weapons or for self-defense. Note: Cutlery, kitchen, and utility knives are generally permitted
  • Mace, pepper spray, bear spray, tasers, and other weapons used to subdue humans or animals
  • Paintball guns, BB guns, guns that fire blanks, Airsoft Guns, and all related ammunition and accessories
  • Sporting weapons such as bows and arrows, crossbows, and archery items
  • Swords, if sharpened or functional. Note: Decorative blunt swords are generally permitted
  • Weapon parts and accessories, including any item that attaches to a firearm, ammunition, bullets, clips, arrows, and bolts
  • Body armor, including Kevlar and other tactical and protective vests, except protective clothing for sporting activities
  • Regulated chemicals, poisons, or substances
  • New or used airbags sold separately from a vehicle
  • Hazardous materials such as:
    • Fireworks
    • Explosives
  • Items deemed to pose significant health or safety risks to others
  • Recalled items (see below)

Welcome to the 21st century boys...

i blame the 60s hippies. 

I’ve sold a ton of crap on offer up, mostly vehicle related stuff.  All these apps/sites have their disadvantages.  Facebook wouldn’t let me post my spotting scope a couple months back. Use them for what that are good for.  The best place to sell hunting items is CWT in my opinion.  Offer Up is good for auto parts/tires but you do get low balled for sure.  Kinda silly about the quiver.....

• Like 1

22 hours ago, el diablo said:

Fat hairy liberal women that have nothing better to do than sit around with their cats and bich about hot skinny women, dangerous items as mentioned and everything else that may offend them. AKA fat Linda’s, Susans and flat out miserable women that want everyone around the to be as miserable as them. 

Best summary I’ve seen. Spot on. LoL

1 hour ago, twigsnapper said:

I’ve sold a ton of crap on offer up, mostly vehicle related stuff.  All these apps/sites have their disadvantages.  Facebook wouldn’t let me post my spotting scope a couple months back. Use them for what that are good for.  The best place to sell hunting items is CWT in my opinion.  Offer Up is good for auto parts/tires but you do get low balled for sure.  Kinda silly about the quiver.....

It’s just sad that something legal can’t be sold because a political view. Hard to get used to.

• Like 1