Sign in to follow this  
Boarman03

WTB bear tag?

About 3 miles south of Cottonwood jct North of Strawberry yesterday West side of 87. Area 6A? 

IMG_20200717_183837.jpg

Had a Swiss K31 and ammo that I had picked up from Steve123, as well as a Ruger American in 6.5 Creedmore that we had taken hoping to checkout, but no bear tag and my last name is not Owens.

Soooo we shot him with my phone.

• Like 7

Red tag on each ear. Doesn't that mean he's been real naughty?

• Like 2

On 7/18/2020 at 8:10 AM, bigorange said:

How did the 6.5 checkout? Very pleased with mine...

Forest closed to shooting, even Coconino (correction by edit - my mistake, misread regs. Not Coconino). And it rained until we left. Didn't have time to go by the range. My 14 year old son was with me and had laid claim to that rifle the night before when I was recording my guns into an excel spreadsheet I had developed with all pertinent info including serial number, date of purchase, source of purchase, and description. I'm a little nerdy in some ways.

Sooo, we got to grin and "bear" it instead. (Yes, I know I don't have a career as a comedian)

(Remember, I drove 305 miles yesterday and I'm still recovering. Wife's car so it cost $16.00 in fuel getting an average of 48.6 miles per gallon at speeds above 70+ even up hills. Less than one tank the whole trip. DO NOT TAKE OFF ROADING! Steve123 threatened to take a picture and post it.)

1 hour ago, Red Rabbit said:

Those power lines in the background sure are low 😉

Yes, hard to move a live bear and really rotten elk. Don't I get credit for a twofer?

And if I get caught, I'll get a "really good deal"!

You missed the wildfire in the far distant back ground and the sign up the road that said " wildfire ahead, don't report."

Can't make this all up.

I was up that way yesterday as well, saw 3 dead elk on the side of the road at various spots between Strawberry and Mormon lake but totally missed that one.  Cool picture.  I did see the "Wildfire ahead dont report" sign lol

34 minutes ago, SonnyK said:

I was up that way yesterday as well, saw 3 dead elk on the side of the road at various spots between Strawberry and Mormon lake but totally missed that one.  Cool picture.  I did see the "Wildfire ahead dont report" sign lol

We drove through around 7:15 pm headed back to Mesa. Nice day. Got down to 67'F when it rained. Nice change of scenery. Killed my back.

Yes, I saw three dead Elk as well, nothing fresh.

Fun times.

We are gonna miss that K31 on the range, if Steve was funnin you about the Wife's car , I suppose that he wasn't driving his YARIS!

• Like 1

Wife has a 2019 Prius Prime. I mostly drive a 2001 Sierra 2500 quad cab 4x4 diesel with faded paint. Hers flies low and mine climbs high. Hers is techno gadget widgets and mine is functional simplicity.

I understand hers, but enjoy mine.

But 17 mpg for mine at best and 48.6 in hers pushing hard is worth borrowing hers on occasion.

I'll have to ask Steve where his Yaris was. Maybe in the back bed of his white Dodge pickup? Great people though.

Really cool air rifles. And we think $3500 is a lot for a rifle. Those boys can drop that much and more easily and hit paintballs consistently at 100 yards with .17 to .25 cal lead pellets. None of this clover leaf nonsense, same hole stuff. Amazing to watch and try. They make it look easy.

Worth the drive.

• Like 1

Be VERRRRY careful, it's easy to get sucked into the pcp crowd. Next thing you know you will be shootin flies with the rest of us.

Seriously though , it's great practice for shooting discipline and ammo is really cheap and abundant.

• Like 1

Let’s just say if you had a OTC Tag and you did shoot this with your 6.5,,,,, your last name might as well be Owens 😂

4 minutes ago, rpowell600 said:

Who is this Owens guy? I must have missed something 

If you’re serious, check out the popcorn thread. 

• Like 1

Not low power lines. Looks like a zoo enclosure to me. Fair game, shoot away!

• Like 1