Sign in to follow this  
firstcoueswas80

Anyone to foster/adopt a great dane?

So, I took this guy, Shredder, in in March. He was at a kill shelter, and i was alone in the house after everyone moved out so I needed a friend. 

The understanding was, he was to go to a different foster when my house closed. That didn't happen.  We ended up moving in with my dad and brother.

The pros:

Hes a good boy. He is not destructive at all. He's never chewed anything at all. I would leave him free in my house for 12 hours when I was at work.

Hes very loyal, and protective 

He LOVES kids. Absolutely turns into a puppy with my son or stepdaughter. 

Hes pretty good on a leash. 

Hes happy to just lay down on his bed and relax.

The cons:

Hes not a fan of other dogs. We've had introductions with other dogs and he hasn't tried to fight or anything, but better to be an only dog.

Intorductions are key. We've never had a problem when the introduction is done properly. Outside, him on a leash and let him come to you. 

He is reactive to horse play.  He doesn't go crazy or anything, but he does immediately want to intervene. 

He is 6 years old and he's a big boy. About 150-160 pounds, but a pure love bug. He loves to bury his head in my lap and have me pet him.

Hes looking for a new foster, strictly because keeping him and my brothers down separated is becoming a pain, especially for my dad, who handles that responsibility when I'm at work.

I have plenty of pictures of him, I've attached a few. Send me a message if anyone wants to foster this guy. 

We are in Tucson.

The picture of him with the baby is 2 hours after he came to me, and he was so gentle!

IMG_1346.jpg

20200714_104917.jpg

20200618_143132.jpg

IMG951343.jpg

20200330_145546.jpg

20200527_122134.jpg

Shared with a friend in PHX who has a foster and might be interested. She will.probably spread around in that big dog foster community if not.

Hope something works out he's a good looking dog.

3 minutes ago, brademan76 said:

Shared with a friend in PHX who has a foster and might be interested. She will.probably spread around in that big dog foster community if not.

Hope something works out he's a good looking dog.

This boy is a dog of The Big Mutt Network. He was rescued by them, fostered by me.

I would definitely not keep his name shredder. Gives the wrong impression.  Call him cupcake or something.

48 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

I would definitely not keep his name shredder. Gives the wrong impression.  Call him cupcake or something.

Master Shredder.  

TMNT bruh.

• Like 1