Norcy

Leftover tag

First I know this is the wrong forum, but this forum gets a lot more traffic. Back in the day you could hand deliver your leftover app to the AZGFD office where they had a mailbox out in front. Can we still do this or does it have to be mailed? I have searched the web for answers and nothing. Let me know if you can.

It has to be mailed to the Phoenix office.  I believe that it can't get there before Monday.  I use to mail mine on Friday from Tucson.  They pick up the mail once a day.  At least that is what the lady at the office said.  Hope this helps.

To submit first come applications by U.S. mail only, please send to: 5000 W. Carefree Highway, Phoenix, AZ 85086, ATTN: DRAW/FIRST COME.

As stated if received prior to 7-20-2020 they will be rejected.

Thanks guys I appreciate it, it’s been along time since I had to submit a leftover tag app. Good luck on all your hunts.

If you didnt mail it Friday, you're going to be too late for a deer tag.  Maybe one of the turkey tags.

• Like 2

I think making the mail in window one day is a crock of crap. No one has a united States postal service crystal ball - especially anyone out of Maricopa county. I’ve asked a hundred times at the PO. They say 1-3 days. Good grief - that’s the difference between Getting a tag and 2 days late!.Why can’t AZGFD allow the application acceptance Window to be Monday-Thursday and the draw starts Friday? Just my 2 cents. Guys in rural areas share my frustration. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JVS said:

I think making the mail in window one day is a crock of crap. No one has a united States postal service crystal ball - especially anyone out of Maricopa county. I’ve asked a hundred times at the PO. They say 1-3 days. Good grief - that’s the difference between Getting a tag and 2 days late!.Why can’t AZGFD allow the application acceptance Window to be Monday-Thursday and the draw starts Friday? Just my 2 cents. Guys in rural areas share my frustration. 

Don't worry, leftovers will be a thing of the past very soon so it won't matter. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, dustin25 said:

I sent mine to the P.O. Box on the non permit tag application...anyone make this mistake before? Am I screwed?

Yup....maybe next year. Good luck 

2 hours ago, JVS said:

I received a package from Virginia in 3 days. But they tell us half way across the state takes the same time!? I understand your frustration. I didn't even mail one in. If it’s left over after the leftover draw then I’ll go to the office and buy it. If not then I’ll hunt other stuff. Like others have said, we won’t have this issue in the next year or two.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JVS said:

Try reading the regs once in a while. Nobody said game and fish made the mail in window for one day. They just say they don’t accept apps before the 20th. And the reason you have to mail in Friday is because half the people in the state are trying to get leftovers so if you miss that window there most likely won’t be any tags left.

• Like 1