Norcy

Leftover tag

19 minutes ago, ALEXB. said:

Try reading the regs once in a while. Nobody said game and fish made the mail in window for one day. They just say they don’t accept apps before the 20th. And the reason you have to mail in Friday is because half the people in the state are trying to get leftovers so if you miss that window there most likely won’t be any tags left.

So what does reading the regs have to do with trying to get your app in during the “window” of time that allows you to get a tag? Do the regs tell you how long the mail takes from certain cities in the state?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, muledeerarea33? said:

So what does reading the regs have to do with trying to get your app in during the “window” of time that allows you to get a tag? Do the regs tell you how long the mail takes from certain cities in the state?

Looks like we have another guy that can’t read. Game and fish doesn’t have a “window” you must have your app in before. They only don’t accept before the 20th. And yes if you want a tag you’d better be one of the first to have your app in the mail not because game and fish has a “window” but because they’re first come first serve like the regs say. So yeah read the regs.

5 minutes ago, ALEXB. said:

Looks like we have another guy that can’t read. Game and fish doesn’t have a “window” you must have your app in before. They only don’t accept before the 20th. And yes if you want a tag you’d better be one of the first to have your app in the mail not because game and fish has a “window” but because they’re first come first serve like the regs say. So yeah read the regs.

Your first post says “that window” so again, where in the regs does it state when you have to mail it in for the particular part of the state your in? Can you read it for me? I mean, since it’s in there and all.

32 minutes ago, ALEXB. said:

Welp- you gotta know how to read between the lines. Apps must be there Monday. Tags are all issued Monday. That equals a one day window.

Here is the way it works, somebody gets a bag of mail on monday.  They take it back to the sort room and dump it on the floor.  Then they grab some envelopes and start processing.  They dont use a window, they use the floor.  The draw is part luck.  But, if you use your noggin for something more than a hat rack you can improve your chances of going Deer hunting.😷

Then they open up your father in laws app and give him the last tag and put your rejected tag in his envelope and mail it back to you with your name on the outside envelope. That's how close your window of opportunity is. But I get to help on an elk hunt....it's like hunting.... good luck on the floor drop to every one. 

With all due respect, the process has been the same way for over the last thirty years.  So stop whining

• Like 5

12 hours ago, dustin25 said:

Welp, guess I better just shoot another one with my bow... oh well

That sounds like a quote directly from an Owen's brother.

20 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

That sounds like a quote directly from an Owen's brother.

Not cool man! I sense you must be someone who hasn’t sealed the deal with a bow...

15 hours ago, JVS said:

I think making the mail in window one day is a crock of crap. No one has a united States postal service crystal ball - especially anyone out of Maricopa county. I’ve asked a hundred times at the PO. They say 1-3 days. Good grief - that’s the difference between Getting a tag and 2 days late!.Why can’t AZGFD allow the application acceptance Window to be Monday-Thursday and the draw starts Friday? Just my 2 cents. Guys in rural areas share my frustration. 

First come first serve, don't bitch..

14 hours ago, creed_az_88 said:

Don't worry, leftovers will be a thing of the past very soon so it won't matter. 

cuz you keep killing big shoot and posting it on the internet. start killing smaller stuff

• Like 1