Sign in to follow this  
Boarman03

ISO WTB 17 HORNET, 17 REMINGTON OR FIREBALL

Don't have to have but would be fun when we take the kids out to show the difference from the .17 Cal.s up to a 50 BMG (have access to an M82A1)

We are always looking for very low cost miscellaneous ammo.

Still struggling to build up reloading die library. Prices went up significantly with retail ammo reduction in availability.

I’ve got a 17 rem fireball. If you’re looking for a rifle in one of the three mentioned, i would steer away from it. I love it but ammo is tough to find and a PITA to reload. 17 hornet would probably be your best bet currently. 

• Like 2

I used to have a model seven in 17rem. Fun lightweight predator and pig gun.  If you hit bone, it leaves a big hole, if you double lung it leaves a very little hole (pigs, foxes and coyote).  A lot of speed in a very small barrel.  If you are only talking about centerfires, I agree, I've always wanted a 17 hornet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jdown said:

I used to have a model seven in 17rem. Fun lightweight predator and pig gun.  If you hit bone, it leaves a big hole, if you double lung it leaves a very little hole (pigs, foxes and coyote).  A lot of speed in a very small barrel.  If you are only talking about centerfires, I agree, I've always wanted a 17 hornet. 

If you ever sell that model seven let me know I’ll buy it.  I have one and my brother does, the only two I’ve ever seen!!  Love that rifle.  I killed hundreds of coyotes and fox with it here in ND.  Even a couple whitetails!!  Don’t shoot it much anymore but that was my ride or die truck rifle all through middle school high school and college.  

That's cool, I have never seen one before either. I ordered mine when I worked at a gun shop back in mid 90s. I sold to a guy that actually moved to Fargo.  I had a model seven youth stock for it that I ordered and then the full size stock that came with it.  My kid shot his first pig with it with the youth stock.  I'll reach out to him and see if by chance he is looking to sell it.   

• Like 1