Sign in to follow this  
Big Browns

Anyone recommend a ranch to hunt Axis deer

I've been watching a bunch of video's about Axis deer hunting.  I probably can't afford it, but was wondering if anyone knows of a ranch that has reasonable prices?

• Like 3

High fence or low fence? Haha deer farm talk..

A friend has several acres in Hill Country, strange seeing the Axis deer roaming neighborhoods.

I believe if they get out from the hunting ranch they're fair game.

Friends had some magnificent bucks in their hood. One big buck had an arrow lodged in his neck but it didn't seem to bother him much..

Get some hog action too.

I have some cousins I can check with.

• Like 2

I'm honestly up for either type of hunt.  Free range would be preferred, but I would do either.  I need to fill the freezer back up. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Edge said:

High fence or low fence? Haha deer farm talk..

A friend has several acres in Hill Country, strange seeing the Axis deer roaming neighborhoods.

I believe if they get out from the hunting ranch they're fair game.

Friends had some magnificent bucks in their hood. One big buck had an arrow lodged in his neck but it didn't seem to bother him much..

Get some hog action too.

I have some cousins I can check with.

+1

prod.jpg

prod.jpg

2 minutes ago, eastvalleyjerry said:

Just got this one in the hill country 3 weeks ago. on a friends property, free range, they are all over out there. The rut was in full swing.

IMG_0020.HEIC

That's a dandy buck. 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eastvalleyjerry said:

Just got this one in the hill country 3 weeks ago. on a friends property, free range, they are all over out there. The rut was in full swing.

IMG_0020.HEIC

I was watching a hunting show over the weekend and they talked about how the rut in June/July. It would be a fun hunt. The places I looked into were $2450 for a meat hunt. Bucks over 26" were over $3500 plus $50 a half inch over 36. I got all excited about hunting them until I saw how pricey it was.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

I was watching a hunting show over the weekend and they talked about how the rut in June/July. It would be a fun hunt. The places I looked into were $2450 for a meat hunt. Bucks over 26" were over $3500 plus $50 a half inch over 36. I got all excited about hunting them until I saw how pricey it was.

Yeah I lucked out it only cost me $50 for the 5 day hunting license which is good for exotics and gas money.  Still hunting the river bottoms is a blast. This one is 29 inches.

10 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

It’s cool, Adam has deep pockets 

• Haha 1

There fun to hunt in texas.

one other place overlooked is Hawaii . Dad hunted axis and pigs  alot, and he loved hunting them in Hawaii the best when he lived there.  said it was cheap too. it was on some island close by the main island that you went by boat or small plane.

9 hours ago, Delw said:

There fun to hunt in texas.

one other place overlooked is Hawaii . Dad hunted axis and pigs  alot, and he loved hunting them in Hawaii the best when he lived there.  said it was cheap too. it was on some island close by the main island that you went by boat or small plane.

Ya my son has a friend on one of the islands and they can shoot one a day..

• Like 1