huntlines

Where are all the scouting pictures of velvet bulls????

Hit all my cameras today and freshened up batteries and cards after sitting since early June. Surprisingly not a single one stolen. Only 400ish pictures worth actually  saving. I’m not much help though. I only post they dead ones. 2020 is going to be a solid year for AZ. Should be plenty of 260-280 bulls killed............😅

Dang it, two of my camera's were knocked to the ground (should have mounted higher), the other was full of cows (elk) and a few small bull - now have 6 out lets see what happens in the next coming weeks. 

IMAG0134.jpg

IMAG1013.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/9/2020 at 2:22 AM, idgaf said:

What do think he will score?

IMG_2538.thumb.JPG.90bd38ed50519565936d7a6646cef649.JPG

Hard to tell with just one pic but I'm guessing a solid 25-30 incher🤣. Great pic btw.

• Like 2

August 4 is the earliest I have ever viewed a fresh rub. But I have a bullsitter friend that claims he has viewed a hard horned bull in late July.

4 hours ago, Alpinebullwinkle said:

August 4 is the earliest I have ever viewed a fresh rub. But I have a bullsitter friend that claims he has viewed a hard horned bull in late July.

I saw lots of velvet bulls last weekend, but I swear one was hard horned. Glasses him in some aspen thickets away from the rest of the elk. Could be my eyes playing tricks, but he was definitely different then the rest. 

15 hours ago, ctafoya said:

I saw lots of velvet bulls last weekend, but I swear one was hard horned. Glasses him in some aspen thickets away from the rest of the elk. Could be my eyes playing tricks, but he was definitely different then the rest. 

They are starting to peel. WGI_0401.thumb.JPG.36edef463f56518dc54c149a9d959103.JPG

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Alpinebullwinkle said:

I saw a hard horned 5 point running with 20+ cows on July 31st this year. Every other bull I saw the rest of the weekend was in velvet and total summer mode. Definitely threw me for a loop.

5 hours ago, idgaf said:

They are starting to peel. WGI_0401.thumb.JPG.36edef463f56518dc54c149a9d959103.JPG

i know that spot.  never saw your cam but the one on the big alligator has been there for years.

lee

• Haha 1