Sign in to follow this  
cohntr6

New Sig Cross rifle

They have my interest as well. Can’t get your hands on one though. Sounds like they are being pushed out to 2021 sometime with the whole covid BS. 

Someone has to have one on the site, despite corona!

Anyone?

Jeff

Well it looks like Bass pro/Cabelas got a hold of some

The only one that is interesting to me is the .277 fury. 

5 minutes ago, AZ Free Man said:

It's when you "hunt like a warrior".😂

Idk. It’s hard to take a weapon serious with out my favorite hunting celeb pimping it out. 

46 minutes ago, AZDirtyTaco said:

I like that Savage Axis for the money. The Sig looks pretty sweet, but I bet it won't outshoot the Savage for twice the cost. 

I hope it doesn't have some of the problems the basic Axis rifles are having with magazine and firing pin springs.

2 hours ago, PRDATR said:

I hope it doesn't have some of the problems the basic Axis rifles are having with magazine and firing pin springs.

I haven't followed any of the issues with the Axis series to have a base of knowledge. My models 10 and 110 have been incredible for me. The 10 will reliably run .65-75MOA and the 110 all day .375MOA. For grins, I looked up the rifle on their website and am impressed with the statement they make at the end of this description - 

The Savage AXIS II has built a reputation as a budget friendly rifle that doesn’t sacrifice accuracy or performance. Now the AXIS II family has been given a Precision Series upgrade. Savage has partnered with Modular Driven Technologies (MDT) to take the AXIS II to new distances. The AXIS II Precision will open up new possibilities for the shooter that wants one hole groups from a rifle that won’t shoot holes in his wallet.

I bought an Axis about 2 1/2 years ago as a cheap lighweight gun for Javelina and Coyotes in 243. One of the holes for the scope base wasn't tapped all the way so I sent it back and they fixed it but also put on a cheap Weaver two piece base which I took off and put some Talley rings on it then sent the bolt to LRI and had Chad do some skip fluteing to lighten it up a wee bit more.

Trigger was not the Accu-Trigger and was about 6#"s so for about $90 I replaced it with a Rifle Basix and have it adjusted to just under 2#'s. The accuracy went from about 1" to about .75MOA after I replaced the trigger and centered the action in the stock and torqued it down. The bolt will drag on the magazine if I palm the stock but it's not a big deal to me. After I bought it I went on to the Savage Axis Forum and joined the fun. It seems an awful lot of people on there have made some basic mods to the factory trigger to improve it and others have put rocktite to the factory stock to keep it from flexing and a few have put pillars in or just replaced it with a Boyds stock.

Savage owners really like to tinker and more than a few have rebarreled them. There are a few who had light primer strikes and the later ones I believe have a 3 piece spring on the firing pin. Some have had light strikes or FTF with new guns too. Savage won't sell replacement springs to you unless you have an FFL so people have been getting them via a gunsmith. The Axis has been fine so far but there is no doubt that Savage could do a little better QC.

I will say that the forum members are a great bunch and very welcoming and helpful.       https://www.savageshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?104-Axis-Bolt-Action-Rifles

• Like 1