knothead

Dear Arizona Game & Fish,

1 hour ago, creed_az_88 said:

This will probably be unpopular, but PLEASE create some archery only sheep tags. 

I like the idea. Always thought ABHSS or G&F should put sheep in the White Tanks and Estrella Mts and have those be archery only units. 

• Like 1

Agree with most of OP. I can live with or without cams but it cant be enforced because of people that use them for wildlife viewing. It makes me sick how they are used on bull and strip hunts though.  

As far as point guard, if I have the opportunity to use it to my advantage and get a family member a tag I will. Although I think they should figure out a way to take the abuse factor out of it. 

Archery sheep would be awesome.

Make sheep one harvest per lifetime. One time Rocky, one time desert.

3 year wait to draw a trophy elk or deer tag

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Agree with most of OP. I can live with or without cams but it cant be enforced because of people that use them for wildlife viewing. It makes me sick how they are used on bull and strip hunts though.  

As far as point guard, if I have the opportunity to use it to my advantage and get a family member a tag I will. Although I think they should figure out a way to take the abuse factor out of it. 

Archery sheep would be awesome.

Make sheep one harvest per lifetime. One time Rocky, one time desert.

3 year wait to draw a trophy elk or deer tag

Are you saying 1 sheep per lifetime or 1 rocky and 1 desert per lifetime?

Currently you are allowed 1 desert and 1 rocky per lifetime 

26 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

I would like to see a 365 day hunt in the draw. 

So your saying you want to draw a coyote or rabbit tag?

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

I would like to see a 365 day hunt in the draw. 

Arizona Big Game Super Raffle?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, azcouesandelk said:

Are you saying 1 sheep per lifetime or 1 rocky and 1 desert per lifetime?

Currently you are allowed 1 desert and 1 rocky per lifetime 

My bad, I didn't realize that was already the law.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, coueswt said:

A couple things I would like to see changed or considered:

-Grandparents can not transfer tag to grandchildren.  I’m all for supporting kids hunting but see some kids in families getting great tags every year and multiple great tags every year. 
-I would like to see a year waiting period for bull Elk and Antelope tags. It would help improve draw odds a little at least. Still can buy a point that year in between. 
-Squaring our bonus points. Maybe it would give those that had 10+ points an actual better chance of drawing then someone with 4 points.  

Waiting a year would just equate to less tags every other year. IF people could still buy a point as you describe.

1 minute ago, CatfishKev said:

My bad, I didn't realize that was already the law.

It's been so overdone I don't even have to say who or what and everyone knows exactly what I'm saying! 

1.  More wardens in the field.

Last year in NM, I saw 3 different wardens on my 3 day pronghorn hunt.  Got checked twice.  That really helps deter violations.

2.  Stiffer penalties for game violations.  Not talking about the honest mistakes.  But the serial poachers or even 2nd time offenders need more than a slap on the wrist.  There should not be a third time.

3.  25% higher tag prices, but 20% fewer tags.  No loss or gain in revenue.  Just a gain in game population.

4.  Tag surrender, to me, should be on a case by case basis, and not just because you can't find a good animal during your scouting trips.  Most guys have an idea if it is going to be a good, mediocre, or bad year for antler or horn growth before the draws.  Don't think it will be a good year?  Get a BP only.  Most guys with max, or near max points are the ones turning in the tags for this reason.  This would be hard to enforce though.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, buckmaster21 said:

I say we go like new Mexico and just eliminate bps then there will be no pissing and moaning 

AZ used to be just like NM.   Guess what people started bitching, so it began.  First elk goes to 3 year wait between tags. Guess what people sitting out 3 years were getting back in game and drawing tags again before other people had drawn their first tag.  This was decades ago when there were way less people hunting then there are now.  Statistically proven 3 year wait not helping with drawing tags.  I believe 1991 enter the BP game except bison and sheep may have already had Bonus points.  Honestly I don't remember the 20% phase of the draw in the beginning, hunter education point or loyalty point so I'm pretty sure the BP system has been tweaked since its inception and guess what people still pissing and moaning.  I personally am happy with the way AZ does it and NM can keep their system. 

• Like 2

I’ve got it! ...if you are going to buy Point Guard you must apply solo...lol

• Like 2