knothead

Dear Arizona Game & Fish,

2 or 3 yr wait after a sucessfully drawing an elk or deer tag.

Allow them to purchase a bonus point for each yr.  of the waiting period. So they'd have 3 or 4 pts. When eligible for next draw. 

Easy money , with little loss of revenue for g&f. By the 3rd yr.  Odds are everyone should have gotten a tag.

Everyone would be eligible for leftover tags.

13 hours ago, 654321 said:

AZ used to be just like NM.   Guess what people started bitching, so it began.  First elk goes to 3 year wait between tags. Guess what people sitting out 3 years were getting back in game and drawing tags again before other people had drawn their first tag.  This was decades ago when there were way less people hunting then there are now.  Statistically proven 3 year wait not helping with drawing tags.  I believe 1991 enter the BP game except bison and sheep may have already had Bonus points.  Honestly I don't remember the 20% phase of the draw in the beginning, hunter education point or loyalty point so I'm pretty sure the BP system has been tweaked since its inception and guess what people still pissing and moaning.  I personally am happy with the way AZ does it and NM can keep their system. 

Dead on, especially the wait between applying. Lots of folks have little knowledge of what has been tried in the past. 

• Like 4

50 000 annual deer tags. Approx. 

After the 3rd. yr wait 150,000 aren't applying annually. 

I think my odds got a lot better!

• Like 1

Utah has a three year premium tag wait period. Which I’m currently at the end of.  I think it’s a great way to spread the wealth on quality hunts.  It  helped me draw a outstanding tag in ten years and can still buy bp’s while I wait.   

9 hours ago, Flatlander said:

Hey Bob, I’ll send you a pic from the Bab this November😉

I bet my 11 year old won’t spend the whole hunt in a NyQuil induced coma battling pneumonia. Another reason we shouldn’t give old people tags.

Classy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Once per species then you have to use the tag next time. Then the process starts over

Thankyou....Good to know 

21 hours ago, ThomC said:

You have the perfect right to write to the G&F with your brilliant ideas.  The web site is AZGFD.COM.  Every year after the draw people who did not get drawn will come up with changes to improve THEIR chances to get drawn.  LOL😷

Yep.

The squared bonus point idea is what keeps me from applying in Montana, I feel too far out of the game. 

As to Bob's comments, thanks for what you've done for conservation, but most of those who put in the time and money for conservation aren't just doing it for themselves but for the next generation. Let the kids hunt, some of my fondest memories are hunting as a kid with my grandfather and dad. I do think that if a youth gets a tag transfer then that burns their points. But I still dont think its that big of a deal. 

Simplify the application website, lions 365, and point guard once a lifetime per species. Overall the AZ system isn't that bad.

• Like 2

In 1965 how many bp’s did it take to draw a Kaibab tag?

Late coues?

6A early rifle bull?

Do we really need to stack the deck for old dudes to have more opportunity...

5 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

In 1965 how many bp’s did it take to draw a Kaibab tag?

Late coues?

6A early rifle bull?

Do we really need to stack the deck for old dudes to have more opportunity...

Don't forget they could have 2 deer tags in a year, and December coues tags were OTC.

1 minute ago, Flatlander said:

In 1965 how many bp’s did it take to draw a Kaibab tag?..

There were no BPs in 1965. Kaibab hunt required a special $5 USFS permit through the mail on a 1st come, 1st served basis. I would drive downtown to the main PO to get my app in the mail at midnight so it was postmarked the next day. If I recall, there were 2,000 permits available. That process all ended when the AGFD's draw system came into being. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Always thought BOB was a pile of horse dung, now I know so.

Man, you sure love to talk about how great you used to be, Bob.

Maybe Your just jealous cause You never were great. And I didn't say i was great anyway , But Iv'e had a Great life , Thanks for the kind comments Shows Your class too. Happy Hunting ................BOB

• Like 1