Sign in to follow this  
My Rights As An American

Vacuum sealer options

Get a commercial chamber vacuum sealer.  Spend the money once.  The bags are 100 times cheaper than food saver.  Yes these are spendy and outside your 150 range, but what you can do and how much longer the food lasts. 

Our Waring commercial model costs about $1200 retail.

5 years ago Waring gave us a this sealer prototype to test and asked to have it put through the paces of a typical home/hobby farm.Several thousand pounds of various meats later, still going strong.

We were also given a Cuisinart home model to test (Cuisinart owns Waring) . It works ok but the Waring is far superior. Maybe you'll be seeing the Cuisinart in these classifieds soon?

We're also testing a Waring convection rotisserie oven, food processor and a dehydrator.

Did I mention the ol lady is Cuisinart's customer service director?

If you want quality, spend the money.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Edge said:

5 years ago Waring gave us a this sealer prototype to test and asked to have it put through the paces of a typical home/hobby farm.Several thousand pounds of various meats later, still going strong.

We were also given a Cuisinart home model to test (Cuisinart owns Waring) . It works ok but the Waring is far superior. Maybe you'll be seeing the Cuisinart in these classifieds soon?

We're also testing a Waring convection rotisserie oven, food processor and a dehydrator.

Need someone to help long term test a commercial sealer for free? 😀😀😀

So yes pricey, dang near boil water when sealing.  They run from1 to 2k,sometimes a sale, but bags are way cheaper. Food last way longer, they are worth the price.

A buddy has one, we fish or game meat, ill buy dinner, beers and bags to help him ofsett costs. 

On 7/26/2020 at 10:49 AM, Edge said:

If you want quality, spend the money.

Can she get us deals if we buy a few from her from CWT site?

I would be down, i have been fishing more and want to preserve more fiah and meats 

They shut down the company store for the time being but yeah I've put a lot of meat grinders and dehydrators up for sale. Hopefully it'll reopen in the fall?

• Like 1

On 7/26/2020 at 4:39 PM, Flatlander said:

Freezer wrap and paper is pretty cheap. Works good too.

Watched a Meateater episode once where Rinella was walking through the butchering process.  His method was to wrap in cellophane first, then wrap with butcher paper.  Never tried it, but he claimed it kept freezer burn at bay for an extended period.  Seemed if the meat was going to be consumed in <2-3 years, that it would suffice just fine.

I started wrapping mine in cellophane before putting it in a vacuum sealer probably 5 years ago and it seems to help. It also makes the sealing a process a little easier because it tends to hold some of the blood in and you don’t worry about it getting into the seal. Freezer bags always get little pinholes in them from clanking around on eachother in thr freezer and the cellophane is just another layer of protection when that happens. 

• Like 4