Sign in to follow this  
kidso

Anyone up for Scouting 5B

Recently returned from a three day scouting trip in 5B with my young daughters.  I think they need a break, so I am planning to do a quick trip this Friday to the NE side of 5B after work with a return home on Saturday evening.  I almost stepped on a sidewinder last time, so not flying solo would be wise.  Anyone care to join me? 

20200721_181758.jpg

16 minutes ago, oz31p said:

I’m here now lol

Going to still be there Saturday?😁

Nope. I was scouting elk in 5bs been up there every weekend for a while now. Gonna give it a rest for a few weeks 

I was also in 5BS this past wknd and to say the conditions and feed looked good would be an understatement with good rains every day this wknd to boot....

• Like 2

Found some nice antelope on the Mesa and on the lowlands.  Torn between hunting the two different areas.  Taking this weekend off from scouting, but will go out again the following weekends each week leading up to the hunt. I guess there are pros and cons to hunting each area.  It's probably more about picking the buck you want regardless of the area and sticking to it.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2020 at 6:03 PM, kidso said:

Found some nice antelope on the Mesa and on the lowlands.  Torn between hunting the two different areas.  Taking this weekend off from scouting, but will go out again the following weekends each week leading up to the hunt. I guess there are pros and cons to hunting each area.  It's probably more about picking the buck you want regardless of the area and sticking to it.

I'm not good enough of a bowhunter to pick one animal and only hunt it.  I usually choose a location and method that will give me the best chance to be successful.  If I'm gun hunting then I will hunt a specific animal.

• Like 1

I've got a gun...

• Like 2