Sign in to follow this  
trphyhntr

White Mountain Creek Fishing

Has anyone ever seen the spring on the road to Big/Little Bear dry? I've NEVER seen it dry. Was there in July and not a drop. Makes me think that they have a way to shut it off.

2 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Has anyone ever seen the spring on the road to Big/Little Bear dry? I've NEVER seen it dry. Was there in July and not a drop. Makes me think that they have a way to shut it off.

Is it still on a pipe with a spigot? It’s been years since I’ve been there, used to get drinking water there as a kid.

1 hour ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Is it still on a pipe with a spigot? It’s been years since I’ve been there, used to get drinking water there as a kid.

Yep. Been getting water there for 35 years. (I'm 35 years old 🤣 )

• Like 2

I know where that part of the river is. Like I said earlier drop down by west or east fork campgrounds for Apache trout. That’s all they stock their thur the summer.

Rez fishing closed to everyone (tribal members included) until the end of the year. Due to a spike in covid cases after they opened it up to tribal members. 

I know as a kid in the 60's we'd  camp and fish Big and Little Diamond Creeks.

heck, l don't  even know where it's located anymore.

You'd never even know itd hold fish. Tons of fun till it rained. It rained a lot. Lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Was there some nice trout in the 60s? Bet it was bad butt. Was there any bars to pick up chicks in Pinetop then? 

Everything back then was like punkin center, bring your meat and beer and we’ll provide the side dishes. Lotta women bread in those days

• Like 1

1 minute ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Everything back then was like punkin center, bring your meat and beer and we’ll provide the side dishes. Lotta women bread in those days

I talked to this dude a couple months back, he’s 82he told me they used to go hard in the 50s in Pinetop. 

• Like 1

Just now, trphyhntr said:

I talked to this dude a couple months back, he’s 82he told me they used to go hard in the 50s in Pinetop. 

I imagine so! You grew up there so you know better than me. Grandpa built his house in pinetop in the early 70’s, I’ve been going up since the mid 80’s. Huge fish as a kid!! No so much now.

• Like 1

Even huge fish in the 80's and 90's ....................................BOB!

• Like 1