Boarman03

Legality of selling or buying a firearm to/from a non resident

Also, an out of state resident may transfer a firearm to a licensed (FFL) in any state.

Screenshot_20200730-050345.png

The previous adjacent state rule appears to be gone. A rifle or shotgun may be purchased in any state following their rules and the home state rules.

That's a rare reduction in restrictions.

Here is a question. My Uncle has several guns that he plans on handing down to me that were my grandpas. His main residence is in Dallas. If I were to pick them up from him, or he were to deliver them to me, would that have to technically go through and FFL? I am also named on his NFA trust. Would the NFA items need to go back through a FFL to get them to AZ?

When a gun shop such as the one I ran buys a used firearm you have to fill out a police report form kind of like a pawn ticket. This then gets sent to the local police department to see if it’s stolen. Along with this the gun has to be held for seven days I believe before it’s sold. We actually had a few come back stolen. We then had to return them to the owner and eat the money we paid for the firearms.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jlreff said:

When a gun shop such as the one I ran buys a used firearm you have to fill out a police report form kind of like a pawn ticket. This then gets sent to the local police department to see if it’s stolen. Along with this the gun has to be held for seven days I believe before it’s sold. We actually had a few come back stolen. We then had to return them to the owner and eat the money we paid for the firearms.

In Arizona?

17 hours ago, PRDATR said:

In Arizona?

That was the procedure even in the late 60s-early 70s when I worked at the Jewel Box in downtown Phoenix. It goes for any licensed retailer that buys used firearms.

jewelbox.jpg.f70548979785d24254b015fc9b1f17e3.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outdoor Writer said:

That was the procedure even in the late 60s-early 70s when I worked at the Jewel Box in downtown Phoenix. It goes for any licensed retailer that buys used firearms.

jewelbox.jpg.f70548979785d24254b015fc9b1f17e3.jpg

I have two old Marlin and Winchester lever actions that were bought from there in the 60’s.

right to left 

61 Chevy

66 chevy

mid 50s dodge?  can't see it clear enough

Spent many hours drooling over all the cool stuff at the Jewel Box as a teen ager

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Arizona Griz said:

I have two old Marlin and Winchester lever actions that were bought from there in the 60’s.

I was there in 1969 & 70. Someone here might even own one of the dozen firearms I had to hock and lose 🤬 in early 1969 before I went to work there. 

45 minutes ago, Zoltar said:

right to left 

61 Chevy

66 chevy

mid 50s dodge?  can't see it clear enough

Spent many hours drooling over all the cool stuff at the Jewel Box as a teen ager

It's a 65. 66's had a long wrap around tail light. I had both back in the day.

Yes Arizona ran a shop here locally for ten years. New owner had shops in Phoenix that I ordered and sent products too before I left. It was the same way up there. Go in a pawn shop and look at the ticket there filling out. That’s sent to local l e o. We’ve lost our butt on some deals. To the tune of thousands of dollars.