JBatt

(SOLD) Two KOWA PROMINAR 664's with 30X wide eyepieces (BIG EYES!)

I have two Kowa Prominar 664's that I picked up used and rigged together to form some "Big Eyes".  They are in great shape no damage and glass is perfect.  The field of view is wider than a Swaro BTX and it may be brighter since there is 120mm of combined glass, but I've not directly compared.  I have spotted and Identified sex on deer from 5 Miles out. I made the mounting platform out of a sheet of carbon fiber.  The mount is simple and light but does not hold the objectives from moving around, so the scopes have to be shimmed to align the images.  It only takes a few seconds once you get the hang of it.   Whole package weighs 5lbs 14oz which is a few ounces lighter than the BTX 90.  You also, obviously, have the option to break them apart and bring only one on a hunt, or pass one to a buddy.

You can buy both or separately if you like.  I don't use them as much as I thought I would. I originally planned on packing them on backcountry hunts, but I'm too much of a weight weenie and changed plans.  Just going to stick with my 12x50's.  I plan on upgrading my Bino's if I can sell these scopes, but if not I'll put them to work...

Call or Text 805-844-5964

Final Price Drop

single scope- $950 shipped

Both scopes and Mount- $1800 shipped

image.thumb.jpeg.fee49a7384a5caa0651559976cbd998d.jpegimage-4.thumb.jpeg.338bb2227b54d5b57ee6c068496518da.jpegimage-3.thumb.jpeg.8a68be631a52d92612db23466374a53a.jpegimage-2.thumb.jpeg.bc28a2fd1fc3478fb74a3393d074716d.jpeg

• Like 2

Ojai, California.  If you live around here come look through them! I have them posted on Rokslide too.  I just started an account on this site to try and sell them, since someone from Rokslide suggested that the Coues guys would be all about it.

Thanks for that Hatchet Jack!  You are absolutely right.  The image is awesome. Compared to having one eye closed, I feel like I see and absorb 10X more of what Im looking at.  With one eye open I can only really focus on the center of the field of view.  But with both my eyes I can roam and dissect the whole field of view, which is crisp to the edge on these.  The resolution is insane, I've counted scrub oak leaves at about a mile.

I was pumped to make this setup and turn up deer from miles away(which they do), but the nature of most my hunts are solo backpacking hunts. So I end up only bringing my Binos and rifle scope.

6 minutes ago, Dano562 said:

Keep me in mind if you sell both scopes individually. I have 2 664s I'm looking for a mount

Did you contact Catfish Kev to see about any extras or someone backing out?

8 minutes ago, Ohthatguy said:

Did you contact Catfish Kev to see about any extras or someone backing out?

No I havent talked to catfishkev in a few months. Last I knew he sold his spotter and was gonna wait. Thanks for the heads up

14 hours ago, Hatchet Jack said:

You have to experience these to know how good they are. Believe it or not they can hang with the $4500 14 lb highlanders all day. 

If anyone is considering these for the new brackets we ordered just verify that the body is exactly the same.