Sign in to follow this  
AzDiamondHeat

Prescott camping help

Are you looking for a camp ground or?  A lot of the Prescott area is closed to camping outside of established grounds and it sucks. 

Not really.  Just a place to park the trailer.   Will be in town for a softball tournament and taking the fam with me.  I was worried about everything being closed.   

Is there any non camp ground camping? 

I stayed at the fairgrounds RV park during my antelope hunt a couple years ago. Nothing spectacular, but I’d stay there again. 

Prescott is overpopulated these days and there’s not a lot of dispersed camping. Camp wood is a drive but is pretty nice area. A few spots along wolf creek road or up by drake pit

How long is your trailer? If not too long, the pines along Arrastra Creek are nice and the creeks running, deer abound.

It's Pine Flats Rd and Senator Highway SW of Mayer. You can take Senator Highway from there to Prescott but it's a dirt road.

Just Google Pine Flats or Goodwin AZ.

A better choice might be Powell Springs area near Cherry, AZ. The USFS campground is closed but there's parking in the area or all along Hwy 169. It's paved, year round Creek in spots and maybe 30 minutes from Prescott.

4 minutes ago, AzDiamondHeat said:

35ft toy hauler.  

thanks guys. I'll look at these spots. 

Scratch Pine Flats.

But lots of spots on 169 along Cineiga Creek.

5 hours ago, Edge said:

How long is your trailer? If not too long, the pines along Arrastra Creek are nice and the creeks running, deer abound.

It's Pine Flats Rd and Senator Highway SW of Mayer. You can take Senator Highway from there to Prescott but it's a dirt road.

Just Google Pine Flats or Goodwin AZ.

A better choice might be Powell Springs area near Cherry, AZ. The USFS campground is closed but there's parking in the area or all along Hwy 169. It's paved, year round Creek in spots and maybe 30 minutes from Prescott.

Powell Springs is a great spot to camp. We use to take our 26ft trailer up there a lot in the summer.

If you happen to go with a campground instead we used Point of Rocks for an antelope hunt and for a baseball tourney. Nice place, javelina come through every night so feels like camping even. 

Point of rocks is a nice campground if you want to be near town. Lynx lake has camp spots, but good luck finding one available especially that will fit a 35'.