codyhuntsaz

Mobile mechanic or shop

On 7/31/2020 at 7:24 PM, muledeerarea33? said:

Don’t look for a mechanic. Try to find a technician. For a vac leak, spray all the lines and intake system with brake clean or carb and choke clean, if the idle raises then you’ve narrowed down your vac leak. Rough idle could also be a timing issue on that year of ford. Could be defective parts as stated previously. Get a good diagnosis from a good shop. If you trust their diag and want to fix it yourself to save money, make sure you replace the parts correctly and don’t break other stuff on accident.

I would use WD-40 to look for the leak. Less caustic and not as hard on rubber or plastic components.

Vacuum leaks, timing sensors, etc. Typically timing and emissions should show up in diagnostics. Dirty injectors, all depends on how rough. Good luck. Sure is nice when they run correctly.

I'm heading backwards to old school on vehicles. Getting so that vehicles are becoming dealership repair only, especially on high tech like the Hybrids ( my wife's Prius).

PS Remember carb cleaner, brake cleaner, starting fluid, WD-40 are all highly flammable!!!

• Like 1

I have a smoke machine I bought on amazon for around $100 to find vacuum leaks. Works great. Does the engine run better after it has heated up?  If so, most likely an intake manifold gasket. Once it heats up it seals the leak(s).  Have you looked at your fuel trims?  Most OBD readers on Amazon and a tablet with free software will give you that data 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Curtis Reed said:

I have a smoke machine I bought on amazon for around $100 to find vacuum leaks. Works great. Does the engine run better after it has heated up?  If so, most likely an intake manifold gasket. Once it heats up it seals the leak(s).  Have you looked at your fuel trims?  Most OBD readers on Amazon and a tablet with free software will give you that data 

The engine does run better after it’s heated all the way up, idles about 100 rpm faster and the stutter is less frequent. I haven’t looked at fuel trims, I’m not too mechanically inclined when it comes to cars.