Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

Annual Cwt tuna trip

I'm thinking this would be awesome. Big boat in September or October, hopefully between hunts.  I bet we could fill a boat quick

Who's down?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

I'm thinking this would be awesome. Big boat in September or October, hopefully between hunts.  I bet we could fill a boat quick

Who's down?

Did you spell anal wrong?

• Wow! 1

Count me in! Are you thinking Overnight or 1.5 Day? I might be able to fill a few spots as well. Hopefully the YFT get with it again this year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Big boat in September or October

Kev this would be less than ideal for those newly infatuated with pelagic species fishing.  the competition for rail space can be off-putting-especially for lady anglers and youth-and often the best fishing brings out hordes of klingons unlike the recent gentlemen on the excalibur.  thats life on open party cattleboats.

try looking for 4/5 pack independents that cater to families and really want you to return.  2 man crew, motivated, skilled, service oriented and quick to recognize a need to change tactics.   one-on-one instruction on fishing the spot, fishing the slide, feathers and rigging, irons and casting, the first 30 seconds, the last 30 seconds.

a few more $ will get you vastly increased skills.  and the party boats will always be there.

luck,

lee

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Who's down?

Are you chartermaster now too? I have played chartermaster twice now, as Lee mentions the antics will happen, also a day trip or 6 pack instead of 1 5 day.

I would be down between hunts.

I would be in for something as well but not liking the time frame, especially since you will most likely want to do it over a weekend???? Weekdays are the only way to go in my opinion and that's right in the middle of hunting and camping season

I'm pretty flexible on whatever the concensus is that gets the most of us on the water. Yellowfin tuna (and skipjack) bite really good during that timeframe suggested. August is usually good too but very popular. June and July can be a crapshoot. End of July through September is usually pretty good fishing. The more time on the water fishing the better, imo. I like 1.5 because it can almost always get you to where the fish are biting and you get the whole day to fish.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, n2horns said:

Are you chartermaster now too? I have played chartermaster twice now, as Lee mentions the antics will happen, also a day trip or 6 pack instead of 1 5 day.

I would be down between hunts.

heck no! I took on getting brackets built and that enough of a pita for me.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Lee is probably right. A 6 pack could be good, maybe 10 people like Nick's last trip.  I was thinking more for next year.  I'm tapped financially for awhile, now that they extended foreclosure moratoriums I will likely become unemployed in the next few months.  When the time comes though my crew could account for 3 heads. 

You gonna lay yourself off, or you gonna play the system.. I'll hang at the cobana and watch the vehicles.

My wife and I have been wanting to do this. I went out 20 years ago and we missed the tuna run. Still a good time. I fished off the back of the boat. There must have been 30 people up front fighting for position. More money but small group is the way to go. I get sea sick, but every time i throw up i caught a shark, so i guess its worth it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

You gonna lay yourself off, or you gonna play the system.. I'll hang at the cobana and watch the vehicles.

Hoping for a good stimulus. Got on big house I'm bidding on now.  After that there won't be any foreclosures until pprobably march.  Ill start doing some advertising and take some time to get my pest control business off the ground.