Jimmer Negamanee

Swarovski BTX Question

Does anyone have any idea if the dual eye piece BTX will ever come out in a straight configuration? 

I saved up and got the STX spotting scope and I love it but am now thinking about saving for the BTX but didn't want to get the BTX angled only to have a BTX straight come out the next month.

Swaro is VERY good at keeping things under raps and enforcing their MAP (minimum advertised price) requirements but I thought I'd ask here.  Maybe a BTX straight is in the works but maybe there is some optical engineering reason why the BTX is only angled.  I don't know.

If you have any thoughts or ideas, I'd love to hear them.

• Like 1

Tomorrow give Doug at CamerlandNY a call. He is a Swarvo dealer and has been in the business for four decades and knows everyone in the Biz.

• Like 1

I had the btx and sold it because i didn’t like the angle. I’ve been told that they won’t be able to produce a straight version for reasons outside of my education. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GreyGhost85 said:

I had the btx and sold it because i didn’t like the angle. I’ve been told that they won’t be able to produce a straight version for reasons outside of my education. 

Well, you did go to Round Valley, didn't you?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GreyGhost85 said:

Now that you got rid of it what are you running?

At this time there is no talk (other than on here :) ) of a straight unit

• Like 2

18 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Now that you got rid of it what are you running?

nothing yet. I've only got 12's and a stack of cash waiting to be spent on optics. i ran 10x RF, 15's and a big spotter for years and liked that combination. can't decide if i want to go back to that or keep the 12's and just get a big spotter again. If someone made high end 12x50 RF binos I'd be sold. leaning to maybe trying the 18x56 Mavens, 10xRF and a spotter. I didn't draw any tags this year that i'll need serious glass for so i'll probably just wait a while. I've been through more optics than anyone i know. i usually only keep them for a season or two and sell them and change it up. no combination is perfect. i used the BTX more like a spotting scope than binoculars so it didn't make sense to replace my spotting scope with it. 

• Like 3

I love my BTX.   It took a bunch of time......I mean a bunch of time to get used to them being angled.    If they came out with strait I would probably buy them.    With that said the BTX is an incredible piece of specialty glass.  Well it probably took 15-20 days total to get comfortable.   Now I love them and the angle doesn't bother me anymore.   If you need them don't hesitate to get them.   I used them on a hunt last year looking for CWT at around 800-1000 yards away on the other side of a canyon.    The extra magnification was absolutely amazing in the shadows.   I would see critters with the BTX that were almost impossible to see with 15's.    Just amazing.   Though I think the sweet spot for BTX is really out past a mile or so.    Then they can stretch their legs and really shine.  

So I got the 65mm and it is good.    If weight isn't an issue then I would get the 85.   I don't think I would want more magnification so I don't think I would get the 95.   I also bought the hockey puck and honestly it isn't worth the effort or money in my book.    Maybe it would be different with the 85 or 95mm but I loose way to much light and the clarity is not super awesome.   

A friend loaned me the BTX a couple of weeks ago, only took a couple of glassing sessions to get used to the angle. Love them! Might get one, just don’t know the difference between 65,85, 95. Don’t really know what I’m using now, 30x I’m pretty sure. 
Like most others I didn’t think the angle would be for me, but like I said it didn’t take long to get used to.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, coues32 said:

65,85mm= 30x

95mm= 35x

I prefer the 85 mm over 95

The 1.7me is worth having in the 85 and 95

So you just throw the 1.7 on to check out something, pretty much all your glassing is without it? I think I’m using the 85 now, really nice!

49 minutes ago, Elkaddict said:

So you just throw the 1.7 on to check out something, pretty much all your glassing is without it? I think I’m using the 85 now, really nice!

Yep, but you can glass with it some also.  

• Like 1