maximus

Question about mule deer

2 hours ago, Desertguide said:

Me too!!! Shoot... I'd gladly sacrifice cameras for them to do something about RZR's and long term camping in the desert. 

Some of my favorite spots have been messed up by the long term camping (squatters) been super bad in my area lately

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, UggRedBilly said:

Some of my favorite spots have been messed up by the long term camping (squatters) been super bad in my area lately

Squatters is a MUCH better term. I'll use that from now on. If state land dept rules were actually enforced, it would go a long way to dealing with this issue. I'm not one for limiting access but something needs to be done. 

9 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Nobody hates the side by side caravans more than me I don’t think. Sick of them. Majority Minnesota and Canadians.

It's insane how bad it's gotten. I remember complaining about hunters in SXS's driving all over creation... they're nothing compared to these people. I'll take those guys over this any day of the week. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Desertguide said:

Me too!!! Shoot... I'd gladly sacrifice cameras for them to do something about RZR's and long term camping in the desert. 

Same some spots look like small towns with winter visitors that are there for months

• Like 1

On 3/22/2021 at 8:01 PM, creed said:

I would like to know their secret.

haha ya same here. Pretty interesting to see how farm hunters struggle when they make it to the actual desert and have to find deer. 

23 hours ago, Desertguide said:

The RZR caravans are HORRIBLE. They have absolutely ruined one of my favorite spots. They drive big circuits through the flats. They've all but run the deer completely out ot there. I have another area that has turned in a mini Quartzsite. There are campers there from late November until at least past the Jan hunt. Makes me sick. 

Farm deer are for for junior hunters and old guys like my dad that can barely walk anymore. 

The RZR caravans are legit the worst part of hunting where I do. 99% of the time they are honestly nice people and are just enjoying the desert but I've run into some that will dang near run you over.  One of my favorite areas legit looks like a checkerboard right now due to new trails being made. Just have to adapt to the changing scenarios each year. 

Just now, trphyhntr said:

I would hunt the farms and have no regrets. Just saying 

I have some pictures of farm deer that would mess a guy up. Easy 210 net.

• Like 2

These are just average for the farm....1st and last photo are the same buck, different angles. I don’t hunt the farm but I work in Agriculture so I am around farmland all day. Couldn’t help but snap some photos. 

BC180863-69B0-4803-BA30-3133242E07BC.jpeg

6CF5D184-F9EC-498D-AC5D-D65722ABA8F1.png

6BD8D6B0-80CD-4DF8-9958-034E6BFF1871.jpeg

• Wow! 1

10 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

I would hunt the farms and have no regrets. Just saying 

Farm deer suck. They're monsters no doubt but they're out for 15 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes before dark. You can get a shot if you're right where they're coming in and out. If you're not, that days hunt is over. If they sense anything goofy, they stay in the thick stuff and don't come out at all. The crazy thing is, when the rut starts, they head back out to the desert and act just like cagey old desert muleys. 

• Like 1