Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Criminal Bear

1fcd43ee-2594-11e9-b202-b762d12ca8a7.png

Animal rights group offers $5,000 reward for information on who put 'Trump 2020' sticker on a bear

Animal rights group offers $5,000 reward for information on who put 'Trump 2020' sticker on a bear
Help Asheville Bears (HAB), an organization in North Carolina, has put out a $5,000 reward to find the person or people responsible for putting a "Trump 2020" sticker on the tracking tag of a black bear. Courtesy Shelia Chapman 

The Trump 2020 sticker was seen attached to the bear's tracking collar, according to photographs obtained by CNN. Courtesy Shelia Chapman 

Black bears will not be voting in the upcoming election, but that's not stopping one bear from unknowingly showing a little support for the incumbent president.

Help Asheville Bears (HAB), an organization in North Carolina, has put out a $5,000 reward to find the person or people responsible for putting a "Trump 2020" sticker on the tracking tag of a black bear.

"Whoever put these political stickers on these bears is cruel and heartless," HAB wrote in a Facebook post. "HAB and our followers hope to stop and expose you. This is now the second bear this happened to, which can only mean either someone in the study is doing this or it is someone in the public. Either way, a full investigation needs to be done."

The bear was spotted and photographed by Asheville resident Sheila Chapman, who told HAB that the bear was spotted relaxing on her front porch last week.

Chapman had previously come across a bear last year that had a collar and discovered that they were being tagged as part of a study by the organization The North Carolina Urban/Suburban Bear Study, Chapman told HAB.

"I believe this is an abhorrent practicum" Chapman told HAB. "These bears are already suffering enough with the heavy collars and metal ear mutilations. But to put a political sticker on the collar? No words can describe my anger and sadness."

Dr. Chris DePerno, who is part of the bear study program, told CNN that the researchers do not condone "anyone approaching a bear for any purpose" and called it "highly unethical to place any sticker on an animal."

"Unfortunately, someone has habituated this bear to the point where it has lost its natural wariness of people, allowing this person to place the sticker on the collar," DePerno said. "The person that has helped this bear become food dependent and habituated is putting humans and the safety of the bear at risk."

A story in the Asheville Citizen Times reported a resident finding a Trump sticker on a collared bear back in September 2019. It is unclear if it is the same bear or a different bear that Chapman photographed.

https://bit.ly/31gJO3a

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The bear did it on his own. Smart bear. 

• Like 2

I can’t believe someone would pay $5000 dollars to find out who did it.  What crime did they commit?  Is putting a sticker on a collar on a bear that’s on your property harassing an animal?  Don’t you want to harass a bear that’s comfortable on your property?  If it was me, I would turn myself in and take their money.  What’s wrong with companies today?  Pick a better thing to post a reward.  This is purely political.

• Like 5

Not too sure about it being "cruel and heartless" but I do find it hilarious.

If any company (besides the one offering the reward) gives this a second of time/effort, this country has officially gone bat crap crazy.

Eddie

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, eddielasvegas said:

Not too sure about it being "cruel and heartless" but I do find it hilarious.

If any company (besides the one offering the reward) gives this a second of time/effort, this country has officially gone bat crap crazy.

Eddie

I was wondering how much Trump campaign might send me if we committed to having all game collars with a sticker on them :) 

This line kills me.............

"I believe this is an abhorrent practicum" Chapman told HAB. "These bears are already suffering enough with the heavy collars and metal ear mutilations. But to put a political sticker on the collar? No words can describe my anger and sadness."

1 hour ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

This line kills me.............

Chapman sounds like whiney bitch snowflake!  Give me an hour in the same room and a six pack  and  that person will be suffering a lot more anger and sadness.... 

The person should have stuck a Biden sticker on the bears anus  as well.   New saying...." Does a bear sh*t on Biden?"

6 minutes ago, NOTAGS said:

Chapman sounds like whiney bitch snowflake!  Give me an hour in the same room and a six pack  and  that person will be suffering a lot more anger and sadness.... 

The person should have stuck a Biden sticker on the bears anus  as well.   New saying...." Does a bear sh*t on Biden?"

Or.  'Biden, Sniff Here'

• Like 1