Sign in to follow this  
AZBowBro88

12A Turkeys + Grouse

Hello, Yes - I've read that multiple times haha. I was just trying to get some insider "boots on the ground" sweet spots. My hunting buddy and I have some locations picked out on OnXHunt that look promising. 

Ray Charles could find a turkey on the 'Bab  in the fall...  they will be flocked up, both tom and hen flocks.   Grouse will be tougher as the dumb ones will be shot by the time you get there.  I believe squirrel will be open as well.  Great time to be up there, have fun.  Nights will be cold, possibly into  the   upper  20's.  Plan accordingly. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lancetkenyon said:

12A is the "prime turkey hunt in AZ" huh?  Never knew that.  

Do you even Bow? Bro . . .

• Haha 2

It's been many years since I've been there, but there was a water catchment near where the Big Saddle hunting camp once stood. I think it was right near the intersection of FS roads 425 and 292, which goes to Crazy Jug Point. About every time I've been there, I've seen a flock of turkey at or within a few hundred yards of the tank.

• Like 1

This will be my first spring turkey hunt in 12A. I'm curious as to where roads will be open. To get in with a travel trailer first part of May. Campgrounds seem to be closed until May 15th.