Sign in to follow this  
Curtis Reed

Any Artillery/Ordnance Guys Here?

Well here's what she says From the pics it looks like a HE round with a training fuse on it. She says that even if it's a training round that sometimes they are charged. Above the band there should be a number on it probably M-107 or M-110. Her qualifications are for real and she said that it shouldn't be hanging around and to call someone to dispose of it.

I was in an artillery unit for a short period of time. So im not an expert but our guns were 155 toweds. The band with the rifling marks should be brass. The rifling should be fairly deep. It should be heavy in weight, obviously,  somewhere around 100 lbs. As far as our dummies went. They were all painted blue. Again not an expert only made it to the range about 5 times

17 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

Thanks, the city has EOD on the way. I’ll let you know the outcome!!

From jail?

• Haha 2

In the mid and late 80's we shot up a lot of Vietnam era ordnance in Florence, a few of the HE rounds were duds and a lot of the Illum rounds were duds. If I ran across anything down there or anywhere I wouldn't mess with it.

Dang. That sucks. Shoulda kept it and painted it up like one of these

09236EE8-6893-4BC6-AE2D-1971F79CD8BF.thumb.jpeg.5c66759c9478da8a37d0a84c6f6747c4.jpeg

• Like 11

2 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

itt the op picks up some unexploded bomb takes it with him to a parking lot and then asks if its safe 

I can’t find anywhere in my post where I asked if it was safe or not. I wasn’t scared of it then and I wouldn’t be scared now. I wish I had it.  Learn the basics of comprehensive reading.... oh, and God bless.  I also got an update and they were both filled with concrete. 

44 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

I can’t find anywhere in my post where I asked if it was safe or not. I wasn’t scared of it then and I wouldn’t be scared now. I wish I had it.  Learn the basics of comprehensive reading.... oh, and God bless.  I also got an update and they were both filled with concrete. 

Angry guy eh?  

28 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Angry guy eh?  

Eeh not that angry.... hence the “God Bless” comment.  I can’t help it if you are too dense to read (not to mention write... check your grammar).  That’s not my problem.  But in all seriousness.. thank you for your significant contribution to this thread!