4 hours ago, mattys281 said:

Really?  You must be hanging out in the wrong units.

I had them run across the highway in front of me at least a half a dozen times.  Fooling around in 27 a few years back, came around a hairpin turn on a FR and ended up nose to nose with one that was walking right down the middle of the road. 

this guy in 20a dang bear got in the truck with me.

cool vid.

1st time I took all 3 kids bear hunting we had one walk right in front of the truck off stoneman lake rd and I-17. was heading down stoneman lake road about a mile off freeway. had a canyon I like to sit and glass,  Oldest daughter was telling youngest( Claudia) that bears are always out in this canyon but dad always has his bow, this time he has a rifle so we wont see any.

then all of a sudden one appeared in front of the truck. they all got to see it and yell shoot it shoot it.. we pulled over kids looking out window kinda pissed cause I didnt shoot it.

• Like 2

On 8/6/2020 at 2:58 PM, trphyhntr said:

Anybody called in a bear? I remember that one dude used to always talk about that. I was thinking of trying it in my cam spot that I get lots of bear pics 

Yes, yesterday.

Give it a try.

• Like 3

Where I rifle hunt for bear in 24a . I pull into a spot right on the highway at a bridge crossing.  Walk out on the side along the guard rail and glass the canyon and hillside below . In  30 years my family and myself have killed 11 bears there. Less then a 100 yards off the highway. We actually  had two doubles shooting boars. Back to back in 96 and 97. Almost everytime I drive past there on my way to Safford. I stop and glass for a few minutes.  I spot a bear within minutes most of the time.  There is a steep rocky cliff under the bridge . Almost 3/4 of the way up the cliff is two giant beehives . The honey runs like hot butter down the rocks. The hotter it is the more the honey flows . The bears come to it like kids running  to a ice cream truck.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Ohthatguy said:

So where are the bear pics? This seems odd...

This one was on my freinds camera in the same area along a trail they come in on .

Screenshot_2019-07-25-17-09-25.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

49 minutes ago, Ohthatguy said:

So where are the bear pics? This seems odd...

Why would that be odd

Gotcha, I honestly post less and less pictures every year. 🤷‍♂️ I’ve seen a bunch of pics come through my text though.

Here’s a pic from last years.

99B2873B-CC14-48C7-9B52-B556E41E9029.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

4 hours ago, Bill@roofer said:

Where I rifle hunt for bear in 24a . I pull into a spot right on the highway at a bridge crossing.  Walk out on the side along the guard rail and glass the canyon and hillside below . In  30 years my family and myself have killed 11 bears there. Less then a 100 yards off the highway. We actually  had two doubles shooting boars. Back to back in 96 and 97. Almost everytime I drive past there on my way to Safford. I stop and glass for a few minutes.  I spot a bear within minutes most of the time.  There is a steep rocky cliff under the bridge . Almost 3/4 of the way up the cliff is two giant beehives . The honey runs like hot butter down the rocks. The hotter it is the more the honey flows . The bears come to it like kids running  to a ice cream truck.

Seems like an easy spot for the whole to now find

• Like 4

How many people are out looking under bridges and getting stung by bee's right now? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2