Sign in to follow this  
cactusjack

300 Win Mag 180gr Ballistic Silvertip

Well I am in a bit of a quandary.  I have a Tikka in 300wsm that loves the 180gr ballistic silvertips and I haven't been able to find any for years now.  I searched the item number and Cabelas popped up.  So I thought tracked them down and ordered 5 boxes. (they have the 150gr)   Imagine my surprise when I opened the box and I got 5 boxes of 300 Win Mag 180gr Ballistic Silvertips.  No returns at Cabelas...  

2 lessons learned- 

1.  if buying online from Cabelas pick it up in the store, that way I can just refuse to take them.

2.  admit I need my reading glasses when shopping online with my phone.  

So I either need to sell the ammo or finally break down and buy a rifle in 300 Win Mag.   

Plan A:

If anyone wants the ammo Im selling it, for now.   45.00 per box.  I have 5 boxes.  

Plan B:

Buy a lightweight, threaded for a suppressor 300 win mag.  Looking at another Kimber Mountain Ascent or Christensen Ridgeline TI.  

If nobody jumps on Plan A, I will set plan B in motion.  

• Like 1

I had a friend who did something similar but bought 338 Federal's thinking they were 338 Win. He probably still has them.

Quick update.   

I got home from work today and there was a package delivered from Bass Pro.  There must have been a BOGO special.   5 more boxes of 300 Win Mag 180gr ballistic Silvertips, that or their merger caused a glitch.  I'm on hold with them now.  I'm going to see how hard and fast their no return policy is on ammo.   It's either all 10, or 0. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2nd update.  Per Cabelas, it's their mistake and no returns on any ammo.  I got a BOGO!  I'm going to be buying a rifle....😂

• Like 3

Sure.  I will have to wait for the rifle.  Just had some medical bills roll in, but it will be the kimber mountain ascent green 300 win mag.