PRDATR

loosing another Bashas

The one on Gilbert and University closed a few years ago and now the one on Brown and Mesa Drive is getting a make over before it becomes a Food City next month. I mainly go there for meat like steaks which are more aged than Food City and there is one about a mile or so from this one. Oh well, at least I don't have to drive as far to the Food City on Stapley and Main but they don't have all of the usual cuts of beef so I guess I will go see that Frys has in the way of beef.

For the most part I only buy meat there because everything else is expensive. Example. Ragu Alfredo sauce at Walmart is $1.66 and at Bashas it is $2.99.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bustedknuckleinc said:

I thought Bashas owned food city too?

Yup. Not sure if that's still the case, but they did at one time. 

My SO shops in several places for groceries. In many cases, Walmart has the best everyday price on certain items, but we also shop the weekly ads, especially for meat and seafood. When it comes to the quality of beef, for me it goes from best down: Basha's, Safeway/Albertson's, Fry's, Food City, and Ranch Market. The best buy at Basha's is the whole beef loin when they have a sale at $7-8 a lb. I cut them into 11/2" thick filets. I bought five loins since the first of the year. Downside: nearest Basha's is about 10 mile away, but at least we're not "loosing" (sic) it. Two Fry's & Food City within a mile, Ranch Market two blocks away, Safeway three miles.

3 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Get mine from Costco, huge cuts

And high prices. I think a whole beef loin was something like $22 per lb. the last time I checked. That's 3 times what I paid at Basha's.

No sir hit the sales, got 2 20lb tender lions for $139.00  

I like safeway because I think their quality of beef is better. I go to the butcher and get 2" steaks cut when they have sales and stock up.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Outdoor Writer said:

Hmmm. I don't think so. That's $3.50 per lb. 😉

Wasn't asking was telling. Thankyou

• Haha 2