PRDATR

loosing another Bashas

Agree with outdoor writer on the order of quality meat. Costco has gone down in quality in Tucson and Safeway and Albertsons are just as high as Bashas here for meat and they don’t differentiate between a t bone or porterhouse steak. But boy when they put t bones on sell I stock up. Have them cut them 1.5 inches thick off a fresh uncut short loin that way I get four porterhouses out of the deal. Don’t shop at frys anymore there meat quality has gone down  and there in the process of getting rid of union butchers.Plus there prices are high. In fact last Friday bought three porterhouses from Bashas for 5.97 a lb on sale t bones were 4.97 per lb. Could cut it with a fork. It was my treat to myself after four weeks of busting my butt in physical therapy to get my knee working again after knee replacement surgery. Best 24.00 bucks I spent.

19 minutes ago, Jlreff said:

Agree with outdoor writer on the order of quality meat. Costco has gone down in quality in Tucson and Safeway and Albertsons are just as high as Bashas here for meat and they don’t differentiate between a t bone or porterhouse steak. But boy when they put t bones on sell I stock up. Have them cut them 1.5 inches thick off a fresh uncut short loin that way I get four porterhouses out of the deal. Don’t shop at frys anymore there meat quality has gone down  and there in the process of getting rid of union butchers.Plus there prices are high. In fact last Friday bought three porterhouses from Bashas for 5.97 a lb on sale t bones were 4.97 per lb. Could cut it with a fork. It was my treat to myself after four weeks of busting my butt in physical therapy to get my knee working again after knee replacement surgery. Best 24.00 bucks I spent.

I never buy steaks of any kind unless they're on sale. Around any of the holidays, someone usually puts prime rib roasts on sale for less than $5 lb.. I often buy two and have them cut into steaks, which last until the next sale.  

Also, I forgot to mention Sprouts earlier, but the only thing we buy there is New Zealand lamb, especially chops. Got a dozen last sale at $4.99 per lb. Safeway will sometimes have a sale on chops, as well. 

• Like 1

Same here bought two prime ribs in January.one from Bashas one from Albertsons with a company gift card. Paid less then 5.00 per lb the other was free thanks to my employer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Outdoor Writer said:

I never buy steaks of any kind unless they're on sale. Around any of the holidays, someone usually puts prime rib roasts on sale for less than $5 lb.. I often buy two and have them cut into steaks, which last until the next sale.  

Also, I forgot to mention Sprouts earlier, but the only thing we buy there is New Zealand lamb, especially chops. Got a dozen last sale at $4.99 per lb. Safeway will sometimes have a sale on chops, as well. 

I agree about Sprouts. They do have some decent chicken sausage both in and out of casings which I use to make stuffed bell peppers. They changed the meat show cases a couple of years ago and made them smaller so I don't go there much anymore but they would usually have a half turkey breast for about $6 on sale. I would stuff it and get three meals out of it or take it off the bone and make a pot pie casserole using Birdseye southwestern frozen veggie medley and some creme of chicken soup, bone broth and Pillsbury pie crusts.

All this ribeye porter house amd lamb talk. Share some pictures of the goods! When They put the pork shoulder and brisket on sale i load up the freezer. I will usually buy 2 of each and one gets the grill and the other takes a ride to my buddies smoker

On 8/8/2020 at 7:15 PM, wish2hunt said:

We need hunting season to get here. Everyone arguing over who’s meat is better.

Mines bigger and heavier. And kinda woody. .

20 hours ago, Jlreff said:

Don’t shop at frys anymore there meat quality has gone down  and there in the process of getting rid of union butchers.

Curious where you got that info from about the butchers?

16 hours ago, AZBIG10 said:

Pics please.

Ironically, I was going to take some photos of my turf-&-surf  Sun. night , but due to non-use, my camera battery was dead. 

I started the meal off with a dozen raw cherrystone clams (Safeway) with lemon and a dash of Louisiana hot sauce. Next was a rare 6 oz. filet mignon (from one of the Basha's tenderloins), 8 extra large, scampi-style shrimp (8-12 ct. on sale at Safeway for $4.99 lb), french fries & a Caesar salad with a glass of merlot. 

Tues. night was a shoulder lamb chop (Sprouts), with fries, salad & corn on the cob (6 for $1 at Fry's).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Outdoor Writer said:

Ironically, I was going to take some photos of my turf-&-surf  Sun. night , but due to non-use, my camera battery was dead. 

I started the meal off with a dozen raw cherrystone clams (Safeway) with lemon and a dash of Louisiana hot sauce. Next was a rare 6 oz. filet mignon (from one of the Basha's tenderloins), 8 extra large, scampi-style shrimp (8-12 ct. on sale at Safeway for $4.99 lb), french fries & a Caesar salad with a glass of merlot. 

Tues. night was a shoulder lamb chop (Sprouts), with fries, salad & corn on the cob (6 for $1 at Fry's).

That sounds good. I haven't shopped at Safeway in ages since there isn't one close by. El Super in Mesa is where I go for fresh shrimp.

LeeLee market on dobson/elliot usually has aquariums of live dungeness crabs for about $8lb. Sometimes they even have live blue crabs. I go there every couple months and get a couple. They are fantastic. They have a LOT of fresh seafood there for pretty cheap but i don’t get too adventurous. Their seafood counter is probably 60’ long. Just wear a mask to protect yourself from the smell and the china flu.