CanilleBowhunter

Need a Crossbow

A friend of mine drew an archery early bull elk tag but he broke his wrist a few weeks ago and now, for obvious reasons, is unable to draw his bow. He contacted Game and Fish to inquire about using a crossbow and they gave him a green light. Problem is he doesn't have a crossbow and doesn't want to spend the money on purchasing one for just one season. So, he reached out to me and asked if I knew of anyone that would allow him to beg/barrow or possibly rent a crossbow from them. I don't know anyone who owns one but I thought that I would ask on here and see if anyone would be willing to help my friend out. And yes, I have already spoken to him about taking the tag off of his hands but was told no in no uncertain terms. Thank you for any input you may have.

You can't take his tag, wheres he located. I think I need to break mine..

1 minute ago, wildwoody said:

You can't take his tag, wheres he located. I think I need to break mine..

I know but it was worth a try. He's in Southern Arizona, Sierra Vista area. He can probably tell you how to break yours.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2020 at 11:49 AM, Bill@roofer said:

I got a barnett whitetail pro str he can borrow 

Thank you sir. If you can pm me your contact info I will have them get a hold of you.

• Like 1

You might want to clarify "they gave him the green light". You may know this already, but better safe than sorry. He has to get the permit from AZGFD which will require a doctor fills out their form. You can download the form the doctor needs to fill out from the AZGFD website. Telling a warden that the lady on the phone from AZGFD gave him the green light probably won't do the job.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, rossislider said:

You might want to clarify "they gave him the green light". You may know this already, but better safe than sorry. He has to get the permit from AZGFD which will require a doctor fills out their form. You can download the form the doctor needs to fill out from the AZGFD website. Telling a warden that the lady on the phone from AZGFD gave him the green light probably won't do the job.

Very true, if that line works, I may have to use it for the CHAMP permit... The lady on the phone told me I could shoot from my vehicle!  Honest!

Heck, it wasnt till after my third shoulder surgery I got the DR. to sign off on the crossbow permit..... Doc after surgery number two  said I wasnt 'disabled' enough.  I should have told him I was mentally . 

I dont even know if  a broken wrist will  qualify  you for  a temporary permit, a broken leg wont qualify you for a CHAMP permit.  GF may just say bad luck, thanks for playing.

3 hours ago, NOTAGS said:

Very true, if that line works, I may have to use it for the CHAMP permit... The lady on the phone told me I could shoot from my vehicle!  Honest!

Heck, it wasnt till after my third shoulder surgery I got the DR. to sign off on the crossbow permit..... Doc after surgery number two  said I wasnt 'disabled' enough.  I should have told him I was mentally . 

I dont even know if  a broken wrist will  qualify  you for  a temporary permit, a broken leg wont qualify you for a CHAMP permit.  GF may just say bad luck, thanks for playing.

Thank you all for your concern but it has all been taken care of. Everything was filled out and he "Has the green light..." legally. He is a kid so maybe they had more mercy on him, not sure. Maybe your saw-bones was an anti hunter? 😉 Again, thanks for looking out for him.

54 minutes ago, Bill@roofer said:

Just sent you a pm 

Thank you sir!