cactusjack

Bear hunting rough start

Glassed all morning,  no bears just saw does.  Changed locations to glass the afternoon.  Sometimes plans change.  Hope to get back out next week.   

20200808_143524.jpg

20200808_143539.jpg

20200808_180750.jpg

They are, until Monday.   That rock wouldn't have cared what type of tires I had.  BFG ATs on Monday.   

I normally take my Tacoma with Toyo open country AT111s on it, but my 17yo daughter hijacked it.  I made a last minute decision to take the Tundra. 

• Like 1

I run load range E on every vehicle that goes on dirt.    You will get less flats for sure.   Load range C and D don't hold up like load range E.   Learned the hard way over many years.   

On 8/17/2020 at 12:30 PM, recurveman said:

I run load range E on every vehicle that goes on dirt.    You will get less flats for sure.   Load range C and D don't hold up like load range E.   Learned the hard way over many years.   

But man they ride like butt unless you air them down to <20lb.  I personally miss the larger tires running C range.  I had very few problems and didn't have to spend 30min airing back up all the time.

They don't ride awesome but they don't go flat either.    I don't do quite as much rough road driving with a truck as I used to anyways.    Got a buggy for that stuff.