Sign in to follow this  
grey curse

EnChroma Color blind glasses

Curious if anyone has had or knows of someone with any experience blood tracking with EnChorma glasses. They are designed to fix/ correct color blindness.  I have a slight case of color blindness, only time I notice it is when tracking a blood trail.  Blood red and forest greens blend together.    The glasses run about $300+/- but they offer sunglasses and then low light glasses.  I’m torn to which to buy.  The sunglasses have a ton of success stories but not so much for the low light.  I was thinking the low light ones for tracking but not if they don’t work as well.   Just figured I can’t be the only archery colorblind hunter on CW.  

• Like 1

Taylor is red/green colorblind too.  

I only found out like 2 years ago. (She is 18 now).  No WONDER she could never follow a blood trail!  

But, she had Dad for that, actually, she usually just drops them on the spot.  Which really helps in a quick and easy recovery. 

Maybe you should try that Grey Curse?  😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, lancetkenyon said:

Taylor is red/green colorblind too.  

I only found out like 2 years ago. (She is 18 now).  No WONDER she could never follow a blood trail!  

But, she had Dad for that, actually, she usually just drops them on the spot.  Which really helps in a quick and easy recovery. 

Maybe you should try that Grey Curse?  😁

Being color blind is especially tough on girls.

• Like 1

Just ordered a pair of the sunglasses.   Archery deer then helping on archery elk this year.   Hopefully put them to good use.   I’ll report back how they worked.  

• Like 1

I have read in multiple places that red/green colorblind traits come from hunter who can spot animal better due to the trait. I’m not disabled, I have a super power. JK. But good luck blood trailing. 

“From an evolutionary perspective a hunting group will be more effective if it includes a color blind hunter (one in twenty) who can spot prey that others cannot.”

Read more: https://shivamber.com/the-benefits-of-color-blindness/

Grass,greasewoods,desrt brooms are orange to me. Definitely red green colorblind among others. I can spot a mule deer blindfolded, but coues are invisible. Blood specks...give it up. Real blood trail no problem. Definitely curious to see someone's results from the glasses.  If you flag a blood trail with orange flagging tape i will not find you. Its also invisible in the desert.

1 hour ago, Shane.A.Luke said:

I have read in multiple places that red/green colorblind traits come from hunter who can spot animal better due to the trait. I’m not disabled, I have a super power. JK. But good luck blood trailing. 

My hunting partner swears I see deer in fluorescence yellow.  I say he is just blind.  Would never wear these glasses while glassing, Wouldn’t want to loss my super power but blood trail is my Kryptonite      

Chalk another one up from not seeing colors well.  I can see the animals, but blood trails that are small are a waste of my time. Glad I haven't needed to much help due to seeing many fall. Wish G&F would allow dogs to help track for us that have a hard time seeing red.  They allow cross bows and other opportunities to the disabled.

• Like 3

My daughter in law has a pair and I have tried them out. I'm red/green colored blind and could not believe how bright red is with the glasses on. Both times I wore them I was at baseball games and couldn't believe how the red stood out and how much there was everywhere. I have not tried them following a blood trail with the glasses. I usually don't have any trouble finding deer.