Sign in to follow this  
Red Rabbit

Fire Restrictions again for Coconino and Kaibab

Dang govt always ruining are fun, thougth the land was for the people by the people, not tyrannical managed for no use by govt.

There should never be closures, restrictions or fees to use our lands.

• Like 1

Seems like a dang week monsoon down here this year.   Hopefully the elk units been doing better

13 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Seems like a dang week monsoon down here this year.   Hopefully the elk units been doing better

Flagstaff has only received 1.47" since June 1.  Dismal.

1 hour ago, CatfishKev said:

Wasn’t much better in the white mountains from what I saw this weekend. A spring I’ve only seen dry once before in the past 15 years was dry. Worst part is they’ve lifted the fire restriction in the Apache sitgreaves. I put out a camp fire Sunday evening and two this morning.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/10/2020 at 8:09 PM, Red Rabbit said:

Flagstaff has only received 1.47" since June 1.  Dismal.

We had a solid week of good rains in our neighborhood in Flag and then it went back to dry and hot.  Latest report I saw was indicating that's it for our summer rains up here.

For those who don't think hunters can be at fault, sadly, the Tinder Fire in 2018 down in Blue Ridge (30+ homes lost) was started by a turkey hunter who left his campfire, during red flag winds, burning.

Sounds like a recipe for great horns but quiet elk this year.  Hopefully we get something solid within the month