ctafoya

Almost time

Archery bear ,Turkey and Deer 10 days who's counting. Quarter house Inn in William's Az leased for 7 days and all my family with me. Time for some good old family healing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Willyhunts2 said:

I can’t wait!!!!!!!!!! Looking like it may be a dry one.

Yea very dry. A lot of dirt tanks in unit 1 look to have another two weeks of water if they don’t get any rain. Fortunately there are lakes and streams for the animals, which is not the case in many other units. Forecast shows good chance of rain Sun-Thursday next week. Fingers crossed. 

Sept 1 New Mexico here I come.

19 hours ago, Bill@roofer said:

Archery bear ,Turkey and Deer 10 days who's counting. Quarter house Inn in William's Az leased for 7 days and all my family with me. Time for some good old family healing.

There are also some Javelina around there too. Surprised me the first time I saw the tracks.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

There are also some Javelina around there too. Surprised me the first time I saw the tracks.

Yup. Ive seen them many times . been hunting in area 8 for 50 years . Always camped in the same place. On Devil dog road/ forest road 108 and forest road 122. See alot of them along the powerlines. And down around Perkinsville. I Worked for 12 years during the summers and off and on for Hat Ranch. 40 years ago we use to see herds of deer that had 100 or more per herd. And elk in the thousands. In 1972 my Dad shot a non typical in full velvet that had so many points on it i couldnt count. I had just turned 10 and from the minute I saw that arrow fly and stick him I was hooked. I picked up anything i could to make a bow and arrows and shot anything that moved. Been doing it ever since. 

By the way my Dad cut the horns off that big butt muley and put them on top off the barn. They rotted. I ha e never forgave him 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Family healing, your healing..

Ya I'm doing and feeling better. I still have alot of neck and back pain. But I can deal with it. Wearing this damb collar is the worst part . now I can take it off at home for a hour at a time. 

• Like 1

My production at work is already diminished. Ill be about worthless for the next 3 weeks before i'm off. 

• Like 1

If there was only a fast forward button....about 3 more months for me but can't wait to read all the stories and post that will be starting here soon!

Setting up camp two weeks from today. I hope I'm early enough to get my spot.