Outdoor Writer

A Note From Scout

9 hours ago, Delw said:

WTF you talking about fool. youd better take some mydol your starting to show signs of leakage.

Dogs vs Marines? your a f'n idiot

add'd yes I wack my own animals when its that time,  using a 22 also

Shock us, say something intelligent for a change. Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but you abuse the privilege.

• Like 3

Glennys was the first pup we had the Vet come to the house and had her put to sleep at home, for me the only way to do it. She was 13 1/2 and was there with my two boys since they were toddlers and went along we me for 11 years of duck season on the marshes around the Great Salt Lake. I can't say I trained her but more like coached her retrieving instincts to a point we were a functioning duck getting team. She kept me company on many a hike in the mountains above Salt Lake City, kept me in shape. When they pass you feel how much they were a part of our live and experiences and it a Big Zinnger when they pass so soon. Now we have Charley in our lives and she is all joy and energy. 

IMG_1799 2.JPG

82508B23-81C5-42B2-8066-200EED682B98_1_105_c.jpeg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Outdoor Writer said:

Man, you're a lot stronger than me. I doubt I could ever do that. 

I couldn’t either unless it was an emergency situation and had no other choice but it would still be hard to do.

• Like 1

Our first family dog just turned 3 (had a few dogs as a kid but never really connected to them) I’m almost losing it now just thinking about the idea of losing her. Got something in my eye now...

23 hours ago, Delw said:

I dont see the fascination with dogs, we had quite a few of them over the years. they reminds me of a liberal. most cant do anything for themselves, the beg and whine alot, cant be left alone etc etc.

Cats on the other hand are self sufficient, self entertaining. not to mention if you get one that wants to learn they can trouble shoot CNC equipment ,  keep and eye on the machines and even lend a hand to inspection.

PQDI0323a.jpg

RHMD1908a.jpg

IMG_1143a.jpg

Cats are great shop pets.  I lost mine about 3 weeks ago.  He wasn’t really mine he was a stray that hung around the industrial complex and made himself at home in everybody’s shop.  He came to visit me dang near every day for the last two years and would hang out on the forklift or on my desk right in front of me while I was trying to do office work.  I have no idea what happened to him.  I hope someone scooped him up and took him home.  Better that than the highway getting him.  

CBC7F475-0AE2-4C61-8BE6-32F50898C9D4.thumb.jpeg.50ef71f644ef325fdf1e2db667e00411.jpeg

E42733F4-6139-4963-AB70-68CA1CBA36E3.thumb.jpeg.7d40b5797661ec2fc80341d72ab95656.jpeg

• Like 1

that cat you pictured is huge. that kinda sucks

April got this one for Anthony our son due to the covid crap and nothing for Anthony to do and of coarse  to get the mice in the shop haha yeah right . There at the shop 5-6 hours a day 5 days a week, I'm there 12+ 7 days a week. Hes a pain in the butt when programming, lays right on the keyboard  on in front of monitor.  He loves the big butt tumbler we have, he sits on it while its on and watchs parts, its loud and shakes like crazy. hes kinda fun to have around though. Anthony and him are best buds Anthony will be sweeping and the thing lays on the push broom and gets pushed all over the shop.

Another reason cats are cool cause they go nine lives I think this one  lost 2 already, other day he fell through the drop ceiling, land in a box of crap on his way down must have grabbed for the big fire extinguisher ripping it out of the wall sheet rock and all, it fell on top of him. he layed in one spot for 2 hours then started limping when he got up. later that afternoon he was running around tearing everything up.

Wife had the sense to get a couple dogs when ours was on her last leg. Theory was to help take the sting out since we knew it we coming. Got a third since then, but dang they just dont measure up to Roxy.  It's like I have 2 80% replacements and thirds kind of a total dud but the kids love her.  

If I get another dog I want a chocolate lab, I love my Boston terriers and they are killers. But I want a dog that is JUST MINE!

13 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Dick comment

HAHA, I made that picture meme or what ever you want to call it over 15 years ago, to use on the girls on AZBZ.  some of you guys need to lighten up and not take things so seriously.

1 minute ago, Delw said:

HAHA, I made that picture meme or what ever you want to call it over 15 years ago, to use on the girls on AZBZ.  some of you guys need to lighten up and not take things so seriously.

Ya know Delw, sometimes the crap you say is true, and it's also funny.  But maybe you should show just a little restraint sometimes.  I'm not one of those people that hold animals to the same level as my actual human children. You would think a guy with a special needs kid might not be so loose lipped.  

36 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Ya know Delw, sometimes the crap you say is true, and it's also funny.  But maybe you should show just a little restraint sometimes.  I'm not one of those people that hold animals to the same level as my actual human children. You would think a guy with a special needs kid might not be so loose lipped.

That picture was kinda in support for what someone said about putting down his own dog Ive done it and it sucks but still had to be done. besides the thread started about some dog that writes on fgbook. then somewhere in this thread I thought I read about some dude who married his dogs mother????? must have been a typo or I read it wrong ;)

On the Last sentence, that why you'll never see me use the certain words like Retard, but I also don't complain about people using that term. people are people they say what they want when they want.

So tough. Ive had chocolates my whole life. Last one was 12 lost him to cancer. I cried like a baby. We have a male and female now.  Both are awesome.  Love people and kids. The are bird hunting machines and love camping and hunting and fishing trips with us.

27661.jpeg

27631.jpeg

27654.jpeg

27668.jpeg

27666.jpeg

• Like 2