JIVega

AKC Airedale Terrier

I did extensive research about the breed and was very, very selective on what I was wanting before getting him. This dog came from a man in Ohio who breeds for functionality and wanting to produce the best dogs he possibly can. Both the sire and dang are used extensively on fur and tracking wounded game (whitetail). He has everything you would want from an old school Airedale. The picture is from a few months ago and has since filled out immensely. Big strong head, neck and body. It’s hard to find them like this anymore. Too dang smart for his own good sometimes. He is not neutered, will not do good with chickens or cats.

1 hour ago, HorseHunter said:

This looks to be a good dog.
I have owned bad dogs and bad horses and they all have a place, it’s just not with me.

Free bump for a good looking Airedale that needs a good home.

70C9B775-0E27-47D8-866E-44E07DB39BEE.jpeg

Trust me, ive been trying for months.

• Like 1

I have gotten a lot of interest in him. I would prefer over anything for him to go to a home where he would hunt or be outside like he loves to do. That is what I am hoping from being posted on here. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JIVega said:

I have gotten a lot of interest in him. I would prefer over anything for him to go to a home where he would hunt or be outside like he loves to do. That is what I am hoping from being posted on here. 

My plan has always been to train an airedale for wounded critter recovery.

• Like 1

He was at one time, it’s been so long since I have had him inside consistently. The past couple of days I’ve let him come in and have left to work or ran errands and no accidents. 

I bought a male in the early 90’s for 250.00 from a breeder in Tempe.  Absolutely the best dog I’ve owned.  He was my buddy!  Had to put him down at age 10 due to cancer.  Still have pics of him on the wall. Somebody grab him.  You won’t be disappointed.

• Like 3

I would love to have him, I have owned airedales my whole life, been with out one for a few years since my old dog passed,  my dogs have always been used as trap line dogs 

I have received a lot of interest in him with people saying that they will take him and schedule a time and place to meet. But always end up backing out and not responding to texts or calls. I do not mind answering questions but most of them have already been covered on this thread. Ask your wife, girlfriend, kids or whoever you need to ask to confirm it’s ok to have a dog before reaching out to save both your time and mine. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JIVega said:

I have received a lot of interest in him with people saying that they will take him and schedule a time and place to meet. But always end up backing out and not responding to texts or calls. I do not mind answering questions but most of them have already been covered on this thread. Ask your wife, girlfriend, kids or whoever you need to ask to confirm it’s ok to have a dog before reaching out to save both your time and mine. 

Unbelievable,  I hope you find a GOOD home for him.

• Like 2

Interesting that he comes from game recovery lines. I always thought that terriers weren't really capable of tracking scent. I know they will stand their ground and are hardy animals. I have a 12 year old schnauzer who is on his way out :( but I promised myself not to get distracted at the end of his life with a younger dog.

Best of luck. I am sure someone will have a great new hiking / camping / hunting companion soon.

• Like 1