Sign in to follow this  
Tight Guy

Free ammo

Need to find someone who can use these. 

I have 18 loaded 257 Roberts rounds. 9 are Remington, and 9 of them are the old Winchester silvertips.

I have 2 boxes of older 16 gauge game load shotgun shells.

257 1.jpg

257 2.jpg

16 guage 1.jpg

16 guage 2.jpg

Wow, the boxes on those shot shells are a flashback! I remember those packages.   Like 40 or 45  years ago my dad and I  would each buy a case of 20 boxes on sale at Yates or YellowFront at the beginning of the  first  fall dove season and use them through  quail and the late dove season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NOTAGS said:

Wow, the boxes on those shot shells are a flashback! I remember those packages.   Like 40 or 45  years ago my dad and I  would each buy a case of 20 boxes on sale at Yates or YellowFront at the beginning of the  first  fall dove season and use them through  quail and the late dove season.

Yep, I still have a few left after my dad passed away. Brings back some great memories.

I remember getting those shells at the Super-X Drug store on Rural and Broadway in Tempe. The Yellow Front was on the south side of Broadway. They went belly up around 1990.

14 hours ago, DUG said:

I remember getting those shells at the Super-X Drug store on Rural and Broadway in Tempe. The Yellow Front was on the south side of Broadway. They went belly up around 1990.

There was a Skaggs next to Safeway on the NE corner.

Lucky's was near Yellow Front on SE corner.

Yellow Front merged with Checker Auto, then eventually disappeared.

I think it was a Phillips 66 gas station on SW corner where I pumped gas in the 70's as an attendant. Now gone. Later they built a Phoenix flower shop.

Things have changed.

i worked a second job at that yellowfront as a newlywed c 1984.  i still have the pics i posted in the fishing dept of my wife, baby and I killin' it at roosevelt, san carlos and picacho.

a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.....

lee

• Like 1

2 hours ago, biglakejake said:

i worked a second job at that yellowfront as a newlywed c 1984.  i still have the pics i posted in the fishing dept of my wife, baby and I killin' it at roosevelt, san carlos and picacho.

a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.....

lee

Small world. Tempe High School was a mile to the West. You guys Buffaloes by chance? Or Chargers?