Dkart4

MEOPTA vs SWARO???

Looking to for someone that has had experience with both and can offer their opinion on which one to go with and why? Meopta Meostar 15x56 vs Swarovski SLC 15x56. Thx

I had Meopta 15's before I sold them to buy Swarovski 15s 2 years ago. It depends on what you want to spend and how your eyes are. The older I get the nicer the clearer glass is. You can find all the same critters with the Meopta as you can with swaro. Just never have a headache or eye strain with swaro.

• Like 3

Swaros are better to my eyes, but not by much. Meoptas are a much better value for the money though. I prefer the color of the swaros, they are a little bit sharper towards the edges, and they are lighter. That’s all. My brother actually prefers the meoptas, and I don’t blame him.

• Like 1

Had the meoptas till i was tight on cash. Meopta 15s definately beat the non hd swaro.   Never had eye strain  myself with them personally.  $ vs value meopta will not let you down.  If you got a big checking account just go swaro hd and don't look back  but will meopta let you down?  Not at all.  

• Like 1

I think it will come down to the individual. For me the color is better with the meoptas over the swaros. Swaros color is off for me and swaros give me a headache. Swaros do have an advantage first five minutes and last five minutes but otherwise I like meoptas for the better color to my eyes.

• Like 1

Meopta. Swaros are fragile and I got tired of sending back 15's that were internally fogging resulting in me having to pay to fix the same issue 3 times in 5 years. 

Meopta are super bins. Don't miss Swaro at all quite frankly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Meopta meostar HD vs swaro SLCs non hd. When tested using an aberration chart with both on tripods the Meoptas smoke the SLCs. Look at a fuzzy frayed thread then next to it is the same thread in excellent focus that is the difference between the two, you will see the same aberration when looking at an eye chart, the edge to edge is also better. Used slc sell for the same price as a new pair of Meoptas and they arent worth it. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromatic_aberration

Below is a test/review between the older SLCs and Meopta meostar HDs in the middle of the review there is chart they used to test the chromatic aberration.

https://www.rokslide.com/review-meopta-meostar-15x56-hd-binocular/

• Like 1

I’ve done ALOT of glassing with both. The Meoptas are great glass, and for my eyes held their own. Never experienced any eye strain or fatigue. Swaros, are of course, great too. I really believe it’s what works best for you. By the way, I went with Leicas😉

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Big or Bust said:

Meopta. Swaros are fragile and I got tired of sending back 15's that were internally fogging resulting in me having to pay to fix the same issue 3 times in 5 years. 

Meopta are super bins. Don't miss Swaro at all quite frankly. 

Fragile, do you drag them behind your truck? Lol

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Fragile, do you drag them behind your truck? Lol

I do spend a lot of days a year in the woods but they went from tripod to padded case to pack. No falls, horses, etc. heck if I know....

• Like 1