Dkart4

MEOPTA vs SWARO???

18 minutes ago, apache12 said:

There is a reason every glass is compared to Swarovski.  That’s really the answer to your question.  

There's also a reason many skipped the swaros and decided to buy the meopta instead...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, recurveman said:

Head down to the outdoorsmans in Fountain Hills.    They have all the glass to look at.  Personally I found the Swaro EL's to be the clearest.    You can look through everything and decide what you want to buy.    I was out sheep hunting last fall and had the opportunity to look through 10EL's, 12EL's and 15's.   Very interesting hour of my life.    I was switching glass like crazy for the better part of an hour.   The one thing I can say is the 10's and 12's EL's are clearer but it is so very close.   The biggest difference to me was the field of view.   The 12's gave me almost the same field of view as the 10's with a 20% bump in magnification.    After looking through the 12's I was wondering how I don't go buy a pair.    The 15's field of view was much, much tighter.   The difference was massive.   I like the extra magnification of the 15's but it comes at a price.   I hear the new 12's are even better.    Haven't looked through them yet but there is a very high probability of me owning a pair in the next 6 months.   

I’d have to make a weekend trip. Located in Safford area

6 minutes ago, Dkart4 said:

You can but it's not thaaat far.

Try the zeiss 15x56 HD. Been looking through all different kinds of glass on a tripod for 30 years .. Very hard to beat the zeiss no fault warranty . Imo, they are excellent in low light conditions.Also they are a lot less than I paid for my swaro 15x56 hd. Can’t tell the difference other than the price tag. Since this an opinions thread , let’s hear some more.. 

• Like 1

So my first nice pair of binoculars was the Zeiss 10x56 victory FL. 2009 model. Huge difference from all the Binos I’d seen previously!! 3 years ago I bought the swaro 15x56hd’s. I could not be happier with my purchase and pry won’t be selling them. That said, my Zeiss are way more clear and see light earlier and later than my swaro. I wanted the 15x56 Zeiss but for $400 more I got the swaro hd’s. I doubt the conquest line is better than the victory line. Sorry I deviated, I’ve never had meopta but Zeiss and swaro will pry be my choice til death.

I bought the swaro hd 15x56 when they first came out. Had the swaro 15x56 light green finish years ago. Bought some zeiss 15x56 hd for 1100.00. Just about half the money I paid for the swaro hd. Like I said, very nice glass and I can’t tell the difference.Thirty or so years ago when I started learning how to glass tripod assisted, zeiss was the go to . I think whatever works best for an individuals eyes is most beneficial. Keeping up with the Jones’s make all the manufacturers a lot of money.... mostly Swarovski. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dkart4 said:

Have you looked through Meoptas at all yet? I have 10’s and 15’s and am in a Safford if you want to look through them sometime. Feel free to message me.

3 hours ago, bigmuleyfan said:

Have you looked through Meoptas at all yet? I have 10’s and 15’s and am in a Safford if you want to look through them sometime. Feel free to message me.

Messaged you!

On 8/16/2020 at 8:43 AM, wildwoody said:

Never had a problem, and I'm rough on my chit..

i dropped mine in the drive way once, yeah that didnt work out. other than that, 14 years no problems. 

14 hours ago, northAZarcher said:

There's also a reason many skipped the swaros and decided to buy the meopta instead...

Yes there is. And there is a reason people buy Tasco’s too. 

1 hour ago, MMACFIVE said:

Yes there is. And there is a reason people buy Tasco’s too. 

This is true. But I don't think optics are as cut and dry as everyone wants to believe. With something dealing with the eyes, I think there's to many variables at play to honestly say one way or another.  I'm no eye doctor but I be interested to know how eye conditions( eye glasses, Lasik, contacts, etc) between people play a factor in looking through various types of optics. Meopta, Swaro, Zeiss, Leica, and a few others are not cheap for a reason( I want to try the Meoptas or even the Sig Zulu 9s myself) but if someone made better glass then all of them and it was cheaper, would people honestly admit or acknowledge it?? Interesting to see

When you have chit for eyes and you glass thru your prescription , the glass makes all the differences in my world. Swaro Chrystal and Zeiss crystal glass work the best and still aren't perfect. So had to go bigger. Was always taught that you look at the outside edge of the field of view and it foggy, bad. If clear as the center, good. Your decision for sure..

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

When you chit for eyes and you glass thru your prescription , the glass makes all the differences in my world. Swaro Chrystal and Zeiss crystal glass work the best and still aren't perfect. So had to go bigger. Was always taught that you look at the outside edge of the field of view and it foggy, bad. If clear as the center, good. Your decision for sure..

Totally agree! My eyes are crap! I’ve been asked my eye doc if he court “prescribe” a scope and binoculars! 😂

• Like 2

Premium optics are all excellent.  Reputations are earned.  Meopta is apparently on the uptick, don't own any but would take an unbiased look at their wares if I was in the market.

• Like 2