Outdoor Writer

SOLD -Vintage Circe Predator Call

SOLD

This call was given to me by Jack Cain, the original maker of Circe calls. I can't recall the exact year, but it was the late'60s, I think.

I've used it sparingly over the years to call in a few yotes, two bobcats and a black bear.  It sounds just as good and as loud now as it did when it was new. I've googled for hours and can't find a black one like this anywhere online. All I found was the original wood type and the green polymer ones. 

I will consider reasonable offers but no trades. Payment via PayPal (buyer doesn't need an acct; just a CC or checking acct.) or cash only. Picked up near 67th Ave. and Camelback or shipped at buyer's expense.

circe2.thumb.jpg.e90d86179c0f7cd79c3a4b2334d7f2d0.jpg

• Like 2

That's cool I have never seen a black one. I have a few in green and they work very good until they get moisture built up on the inside and you have to swap out reeds. 

13 hours ago, Jimmer Negamanee said:

I didn't realize Circe was an AZ company.  Bump for a piece of functional history.

Jack Cain's main income came from his barbershop in Goodyear. I seem to recall that he sold the call interest but continued to make various reeds. He was quite active at the assorted calling competitions that took place in AZ, CA and TX, as was one of my early hunting mentors. 

On 8/18/2020 at 9:15 AM, My Rights As An American said:

Loving this thread. Rich history.

Many months ago, I was going to start a thread that would have had of lot of this sort of "history" in it, but since I often get PMs asking me about my background, etc., I was thinking about also making it a part of the thread from my early years on up the ladder. That old photo of the Jewel Box pawn shop was to be a part of it. Then, given the  mood around here, I thought better of that idea. and scrapped it. 

• Like 1

Guys like you provide a positive respite from some of the keyboard warriors we have seen a rise in!

This post brings back really good memories of my brother. He used an old green Circe call and we killed a lot of stuff together. Every time I open this thread I have a good memory of us. Thanks. I really appreciate the happy memories you are reminding me of. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, My Rights As An American said:

Guys like you provide a positive respite from some of the keyboard warriors we have seen a rise in!

This post brings back really good memories of my brother. He used an old green Circe call and we killed a lot of stuff together. Every time I open this thread I have a good memory of us. Thanks. I really appreciate the happy memories you are reminding me of. 

Thank you. 

I remember when they were made of different kinds of wood. They where part of Arizona when I was growing up kill my first fox that my brother call in back in the mid 60’S

On 8/19/2020 at 12:53 PM, trophyseeker said:

Neat call. I've never seen a black one. 

I recently posted a question about it on the Predator Masters Forum, where a lot of knowledgeable callers hang out. Here's a reply I got.

"I don’t think I’ve ever saw a black one either. Maybe it was a prototype or first production considering the way you acquired it. Very nice call though. I’d hang on to it, but if you don’t want it, let me know. thumbup1"

• Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 10:33 AM, Outdoor Writer said:

Many months ago, I was going to start a thread that would have had of lot of this sort of "history" in it, but since I often get PMs asking me about my background, etc., I was thinking about also making it a part of the thread from my early years on up the latter. That old photo of the Jewel Box pawn shop was to be a part of it. Then, given the  mood around here, I thought better of that idea. and scrapped it. 

The Jewel Box!  What a cool store.  I remember tons of rifles lined up where anyone could look at them.  Is it true the store closed after someone committed suicide with a circular saw?