n2horns

San Tan Valley Combs school

I feel sorry for the kids going to school in person and their teachers dont care enough to show up to teach them.

The district should let them go and retire early of they dont want to teach.  Perfect example of why public education is horrible and private / charter schools are doing so well.

• Like 5

They must not be essential workers. Easy solution. Dont pay them if they are not going to work.

• Like 5

Snowflake in day 5 of in person teaching. Students had the option to online or in person and it was a very inspiring moment to see those kids getting dropped off Monday morning. Kudos to those parents who got their kids to school....without the kids it ain't nothing!!!

I feel like it is the front lines of opening up and feel like teachers either gotta get after it or resign, kids mental health is important and this covid crap has been rough! I had so many kids come running up to me after they bumped start date....they were ready to get back to school!

• Like 4

If they choose to not go to work they are definitely not essential and they should be fired!  There are lots of people who MUST go to work everyday, who are put in danger. 

Not all teachers, but a majority are showing their true left colors.  It's pathetic!!!!!

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 12:38 PM, trphyhntr said:

Teachers union does not care about kids. 

Never has, never will. At this point to anyone who thinks the virus isn't being politicized well beyond its actual danger is brain dead.  

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, BeardownAZ said:

Never has, never will. At this point to anyone who thinks the virus isn't being politicized well beyond its actual danger is brain dead.  

All unions don’t care, only$$$$$

• Like 3

And the teachers want more money, really, they don't deserve anything more than what the have.  They already get half a year off, made up days off for teacher lesson planning days, teacher offsite conferee (what you cant doink the principal during the week, you have to wait till a conference), then they want special parking permits to be close to their rooms because they don't want to walk, BS, quick, get a new carreer.

23 minutes ago, n2horns said:

And the teachers want more money, really, they don't deserve anything more than what the have.  They already get half a year off, made up days off for teacher lesson planning days, teacher offsite conferee (what you cant doink the principal during the week, you have to wait till a conference), then they want special parking permits to be close to their rooms because they don't want to walk, BS, quick, get a new carreer.

While I agree with most of the initial post, there are some great benefits from being a teacher, one of them is not lots of money and the other is not half the school year off!

And yes I enjoy my career and have figured out how to live off of two teacher salaries that add up to what most would consider the amount of pay for one profession!

I didn't walk out on Red For Ed because it ain't my belief or style and I am thankful my school district chose to keep working!

I started out in 1990 at $19,000.00 a year, my wife the same so as a couple we made $38,000.00 a year! 

After 30 years I make $45,000.00 a year! Most professions comparable years of college plus 30 years would put me somewhere up at least 80-90K without my wife working!

I have built cabinets, worked that pig farm, Home Depot, during the summers to supplement my "days off" from school teaching!

I ain't saying things are right in education because I have my own personal beefs with the system but don't throw all teachers under the bus.........there's a bunch of really good teachers out there that spend a lot of time trying to make a difference in kids lives. 

I ain't complaining, just trying to shed a little light on money, days off and I don't doink the principal! :) 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

I just dropped one of my kids off at his dorm at NAU yesterday. He is going to be a teacher. I tried to sway him away but his mind was made up. Math wizard. Luckily he has aspirations to go all the way and teach at the college level. This country needs some good conservative professors in the mix at these universities. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, n2horns said:

Your ignorance is showing. Teachers don’t get half the year off. All those things you just named are the same stupid things that every company has employees complaining about.

They are professionals who deserve to be treated like professionals instead of as personal babysitters. I for one sure as heck wouldn’t want to go into a room full of 30 nose-picking booger flingers whose parents are sick of having to spend time with them.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, n2horns said:

I’m a teacher. I didn’t walk for red for Ed. I don’t get half a year off. I coached 3 sports for a while, now down to 1 sport. I don’t get paid much, I do more for my community than most people. Tons of teachers are ready for in school teaching, I sure wish Combs had real teachers.

• Like 7

All things things you all are saying are not exposed outside media.  Look at my angle and bias, I just thought it was the way I put in the above post, but dang, sure am wrong, and not afraid to admit it.

The things you all as teachers do, goes oh so very unnoticed.  

• Like 5