Sign in to follow this  
Swivelhead

Charles Mohrle WW 2 P-47 Pilot

2 hours ago, jdown said:

This should be required viewing at every school. Thanks for sharing. 

I agree.  The man's presentation was matter of fact without added drama.  Personally, I found it riveting and could not stop watching even though it was late. 

The entire presentation is top notch and I encourage anyone to listen to it.  The most profound part for me was @ 40:20 through 42:40.

• Like 3

I wonder who got the Brandy?  His Obit shows he died in 2013 at 92.  Flew 97 combat missions and was still teaching the Tx museum 6 weeks before he passed. What passion for this country. 

• Like 1

Thanks for posting.  I watched the entire vid last night.

So matter of fact.....not an ounce of doubt in his story or hero complex in his words.

We did what we had to do.

And just as important as his story and what he did, not one mention (or indication of) PTSD.

Eddie

• Like 2

Thats awesome. My next door neighbor growing up was a P38 Lighting Fighter Pilot in WWII, he is still with us. My other neighbor was a USA Infantry in Europe. Dad drove an ambulance in Northern Italy and his brother in law was a FWD A artillery observer for the USMC  starting out at Guadalcanal. Dads other brother in law got shot down over Germany flying B-24's. taken as POW. My Grandmother's Cousin was a field surgeon in the Hedge Rows and taken POW, that was early in the EURO campaign. My God Father was in flight training when the war ended and his older brother was a P-47 pilot in Europe. One of Dad's law partners had one leg the other was crushed under the treads of a Japanese Tank. I might have forgotten a few others but one thing stands out, for the most part all very great guys. BTW I ended up flying Navy Anti Submarine in the Cold War and my son went Army Sniper at tail end of the Gulf Wars. Most of the guys I served with had similar backgrounds and most had son's that served.

• Like 2

The man uses a loaded round as a laser pen! What a legend. I liked the portion where the comtroller in the Jeep told him to crash off course and he still put it down on the runway. Rare breed thx for sharing.

• Like 1

Hard to find words to describe the variety of emotions that stirred up. Thanks for sharing! God Bless America!

• Like 1

Great video, great man, greatest generation.

Even though my ol lady just came out of surgery, she had me prop her up in bed to watch this.

• Like 1