Outdoor Writer

Eat your hearts out elk tag holders

1 hour ago, lancetkenyon said:

$15k for 500"+ bull.

I promise you, the Governor's Tag holders pay WAY more than this. 

I imagine some of those tag holders have as easy of a time as these hunts.  I have heard stories from some guides.

Fly the guy in, drive him to the shooting position, he takes the shot, they drive him back to the airport, and he gets his deer delivered to him.  

Not all of them!  Probably not even many of them.  But it does happen.  And having 15-20 guys watching an animal 24/7 for weeks prior, might as well be a high fence hunt.  

I wish I could afford to do it though.

Ol' Jimmy John had a very easy time with his bull this year.... No more work for him than shooting one in a pen. 

2 hours ago, lancetkenyon said:

And having 15-20 guys watching an animal 24/7 for weeks prior, might as well be a high fence hunt. 

No kidding, its the exact same thing.

If I had the money honey, they have the time!! I’d juice that sucker if I could in an az unit. Congrats to the guys rich enough to hunt like that. Not my way of hunting but to each their own.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lancetkenyon said:

$15k for 500"+ bull.

I promise you, the Governor's Tag holders pay WAY more than this. 

I imagine some of those tag holders have as easy of a time as these hunts.  I have heard stories from some guides.

Fly the guy in, drive him to the shooting position, he takes the shot, they drive him back to the airport, and he gets his deer delivered to him.  

Not all of them!  Probably not even many of them.  But it does happen.  And having 15-20 guys watching an animal 24/7 for weeks prior, might as well be a high fence hunt.  

I wish I could afford to do it though.

I can't see you being good with flying in getting to a stand and told "here shoot that one".

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

I was told yesterday that he shot at it 11 times.

When you put so much effort in to your hunt and the moment of truth finally happens it's hard to not get bull fever.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

When you put so much effort in to your hunt and the moment of truth finally happens it's hard to not get bull fever.

if thats true about the shots, probably has more to do with him being overweight and walking at high elevation. but probably rumors, 11 shots? thats a lot 

• Like 1

Just now, trphyhntr said:

if thats true about the shots, probably has more to do with him being overweight and walking at high elevation. 

Maybe cuz of the money he forked out he just got the money sweats, same thing I get when I take my family out to eat.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

What is next you only ship your gun.  Outfitter wears a go pro shoots the trophy with your gun, photo shops your pic next to your trophy with your gun, bow.  Meat and head is shipped to you.  You hang your head and invite your friends over for the video of your "hunt".  Everybody back slaps you and says what a great hunter you are.  Somebody posts you on facebook and the president invites you to the whitehouse.  😷

15 hours ago, AZAV8ER said:

I can't see you being good with flying in getting to a stand and told "here shoot that one".

True.  Just meant I wish I could afford the Gov tag and guide fees!

• Like 3