Sign in to follow this  
azsugarbear

Semi-Custom 243 Win

Continuing to thin out the closet.  Next item up for sale is a sweet little Remington Model 7 chambered in 243 Win.  The only remaining factory parts are the action, bottom metal and the X-Mark trigger.  Everything else is custom.   The barrel is 22" in length and has a fast twist of 1 in 7" to stabilize the heavy-for-caliber bullets.  Currently grouping 0.5 to 0.75 MOA with Berger 105 gr. VLD's. The action was re-faced prior to spinning on the custom barrel.  Current round count is 289.  Gunsmithing done by benchrest hall-of-famer:  Gary O'Cock.  Rifle is cerakoted in five color digital camo pattern with green sage color as base coat.  Weighs 8.5 pounds with the scope (not included).  I estimate a little over 7 pounds without scope and rings.  This is a great rig - I just never find the time to shoot it. 

The scope is Sightron SII Big Sky 6.5-20 x 50mm.  These are hard to find on the used scope market.  It is one of the very few lightweight, one inch scope tubes that has parallax adjustment.  It is not part of the offering, but could be negotiated as part of sale if buyer was interested.

Here is what it would cost to reproduce the rifle today:

Remington Model 7 (s/h + FFL fee)          $  650

B&C Medalist sporter contour stock            300

Benchmark SS fluted barrel                         440

Gunsmithing                                                300

Cerakote                                                      200

Total                                                  $1,890

PRICE REDUCED: $1,325.  Low Ballers - just keep on scrolling.  Only trades I would be interested in: Atlas BT45 LW17; 6.5 Berger 156 gr.; 6.5 ELD-M 147gr.; 30 cal Beger OTM 230 gr.

I try to be up front with everything I sell.  An "I'll take it" posted in the thread will trump any PM.  Save the PM's for questions or other comments.  If you prefer, you can call/text me at 602-361-7191, but the post in the thread trumps even that.  This way, no late party can come and snipe your "I'll Take It" with a higher offer at a later date.  It's just the way I do business.  I try to give CWT members first shot when I sell, so this stock will not be posted on any other websites for the first week or two.

Located near Tatum & Bell in north Phx.

Rem7 1.JPG

Rem7 2.JPG

Rem7 3.JPG

Rem7 4.JPG

I originally pulled this rifle because I decided to keep it.  Still haven't gotten around to shooting this 18 mos. later, so putting this back up for sale.  Still available.

Good price.  That twist will easily stabilize the 115s, and make this a sweet 700+ yard pronghorn/coues rifle.